Contractors cite cost increases with new state building code, but HVAC engineers say it will save money
State officials are poised to adopt 2021 International Building Code. Wisconsin uses the 2015 international code.
Legislative study council focuses on underground plumbing in talks to allow early starts for builders
A proposal to let contractors start building before state and local entities approve their plans shifted to discussion about the underground plumbing permission process during a legislative study meeting on Wednesday.
Keller Inc.'s Steve Klessig has won this year's Wes Meilahn Award, ABC of Wisconsin's most prestigious award.
ABC has elected Steve Klessig, vice president of architecture and engineering at Kaukauna-based Keller Inc. as immediate past chair. He will take that office on Jan. 1.
The Associated Builders and Contractors is seeking to overturn the Biden Administration's vaccine mandate with a legal challenge filed this week.
State officials are taking steps meant to ease an acute backlog in requested reviews of commercial-construction plans after delays were a common subject of complaint this past building season.
Steve Klessig, vice president of architecture and engineering for Kaukauna-based Keller Inc., has been elected as secretary of the Associated Builders and Contractors National Executive Committee.
- Milwaukee Mayor’s $1.9B budget proposal has infrastructure boost
- As employers face labor shortages, Biden administration rolls out playbook for training workers
- Wisconsin Senate committee votes against confirmation for four DNR policy board appointees
- October proclaimed Architecture Awareness Month in Wisconsin
- Pre-Bid Meetings – Week of October 2, 2023
- Corn mill owners plead to federal charges in fatal explosion, will pay $11.25 million
- BUILDING BLOCKS: Second phase of Lower Yahara River Trail construction
- Sky-high mortgage rates leave homes unaffordable for more buyers, sending new home sales tumbling
- Forecast: Economic challenges ahead as rates rise and labor shortages remain
- CBRE opens office on 18th floor of Milwaukee BMO Tower
- Former inmate able to rebuild life through work in construction trades
- Zignego to lead $60M I-894 improvement project
- First prefabricated bridge in US installed in Eau Claire County
- Illinois developer worked with Wisconsin contractor to build 258-unit Wauwatosa apartment complex
- VJS Construction raises the roof for Bruce Guadalupe Community School expansion project
- Microgrid pilot project will store energy for village affected by outages
- Dane County sees uptick in highway work zone crashes, on track to exceed last year
- The Hop streetcar will debut newest service route in fall with limited service
- FPC Live slims venue proposal to 1 downtown building
- Children’s Hospital urgent care center in Milwaukee gets first round of city approval
- With Sonag Construction shut down, feds move to block indicted owner from collecting leftover assets
- Four contractors selected to build border wall prototypes
- UW-Milwaukee’s Greenstreet shaping minds (and the city)
- Turning the Corner(s) (PHOTO SLIDESHOW)