New line will connect to Milwaukee lakefront and run on Sundays to avoid heavy construction at the Couture site.
Kiewit Corporation, HNTB and raSmith are all taking part in the streetcar expansion project.
Milwaukee has rapidly transformed over the recent years. Mayor Cavalier Johnson said “getting to yes” with business was key.
Construction for Milwaukee's streetcar continued as the Couture nears completion.
Milwaukee's plans for downtown include redeveloping the Marcus Center parking lot, extending the streetcar and eventually the full removal of the Interstate 794 Lake Interchange.
A Milwaukee committee endorsed plans on Tuesday to begin studying a proposed extension of the city's streetcar south into the the city's Walker's Point neighborhood.
Firefighters got a derailed Milwaukee streetcar back on track Thursday.
If a streetcar line ceases operation in the St. Louis area, the federal government may want to be paid back some of the millions of dollars it spent to support the project.
Milwaukee officials told a committee on Wednesday that they remain confident the delayed Couture high-rise will ultimately be built — but that they may also have to pursue other options for the completion of a branch of the city's streetcar line that now depends on the construction of the Couture.
The Republican leader of the Wisconsin Senate called on Thursday for a veto override after Gov. Tony Evers' administration announced $75 million worth of transportation grants to make more money available for public-transportation projects like Milwaukee's streetcar.
Milwaukee's development commissioner says funding for a proposed streetcar extension is at risk because the project has been stuck in committee and is running months behind schedule.
A Milwaukee committee voted on Tuesday both to pause plans to extend the city's streetcar and study proposed routes into north- and south-side neighborhoods, a decision that threatens to strain an already tight construction schedule calling for service to be added near the site of the Democratic National Convention by July 2020.
- Wisconsin unions, businesses rally support for Line 5 relocation project
- Biden uses executive power to create a New Deal-style American Climate Corps
- Wisconsin’s starting fixed fee for engineering services gets a bump
- BUILDING BLOCKS: Caroline Heights Apartments turns historic structures into living space
- Wauwatosa Common Council greenlights $400M Barrett Lo apartments at Mayfair Mall
- Kenosha Common Council unanimously passes contractor requirements for public bids
- Old church finds new purpose as St. John’s Lutheran Church converts to affordable housing
- Indoor farms are shutting down as their businesses struggle. So why are more being built?
- Low Mississippi River limits barge traffic
- TOP BIDDERS: The biggest recent winning bids around the state
- Wisconsin contractors urge Kenosha council to delay vote over bidding ordinance
- New reports see mixed bag for construction economy
- First prefabricated bridge in US installed in Eau Claire County
- Illinois developer worked with Wisconsin contractor to build 258-unit Wauwatosa apartment complex
- VJS Construction raises the roof for Bruce Guadalupe Community School expansion project
- Microgrid pilot project will store energy for village affected by outages
- Dane County sees uptick in highway work zone crashes, on track to exceed last year
- The Hop streetcar will debut newest service route in fall with limited service
- FPC Live slims venue proposal to 1 downtown building
- Children’s Hospital urgent care center in Milwaukee gets first round of city approval
- With Sonag Construction shut down, feds move to block indicted owner from collecting leftover assets
- Four contractors selected to build border wall prototypes
- UW-Milwaukee’s Greenstreet shaping minds (and the city)
- Turning the Corner(s) (PHOTO SLIDESHOW)