Habitat will build 80 affordable homes in several Milwaukee neighborhoods and Emem Group will build 40 rental units in the King Park neighborhood.
The Milwaukee County Board of Supervisors voted 12-4 Thursday in favor of an audit of O’Donnell Park that will seek to revitalize the site as a publicly owned and operated asset.
Milwaukee County is looking to change the way it pays for workforce development.
A Milwaukee County supervisor proposing to dictate wages at certain developments hopes his opt-out provision will prevent push back caused by a similar effort this summer.
Milwaukee County has put on hold the sale of a Park East property while supervisors weigh competing proposals from three developers.
A Milwaukee County supervisor’s push to make employee salary requirements a condition of approving a Wauwatosa hotel has raised concerns that the developer might check out of the deal.
A proposed amendment to the state budget could settle the lengthy land-use dispute over The Couture and allow construction of the high-rise development in downtown Milwaukee.
The Milwaukee County Board of Supervisors voted unanimously Thursday to confirm Teig Whaley-Smith as the director of county economic development.
A Milwaukee County committee has given initial approval to confirm Teig Whaley-Smith as economic development director.
Milwaukee County Executive Chris Abele named Teig Whaley-Smith, founder of Milwaukee-based Community Development Advocates LLC, as the county’s next economic development director.
The need for supportive housing is high in Milwaukee County, but the federal and county resources required to financially bolster such projects are running low.
- Corn mill owners plead to federal charges in fatal explosion, will pay $11.25 million
- BUILDING BLOCKS: Second phase of Lower Yahara River Trail construction
- Sky-high mortgage rates leave homes unaffordable for more buyers, sending new home sales tumbling
- Forecast: Economic challenges ahead as rates rise and labor shortages remain
- CBRE opens office on 18th floor of Milwaukee BMO Tower
- Former inmate able to rebuild life through work in construction trades
- Zignego to lead $60M I-894 improvement project
- Minnesota approves giant solar energy project near Minneapolis
- Veterinary center wants to build $13M clinic in Pewaukee
- TOP BIDDERS: The biggest recent winning bids around the state
- OSHA targets silica dust for engineered stone industry
- Biden administration announces $1.4B to improve rail safety and boost capacity in 35 states, including Wisconsin
- First prefabricated bridge in US installed in Eau Claire County
- Illinois developer worked with Wisconsin contractor to build 258-unit Wauwatosa apartment complex
- VJS Construction raises the roof for Bruce Guadalupe Community School expansion project
- Microgrid pilot project will store energy for village affected by outages
- Dane County sees uptick in highway work zone crashes, on track to exceed last year
- The Hop streetcar will debut newest service route in fall with limited service
- FPC Live slims venue proposal to 1 downtown building
- Children’s Hospital urgent care center in Milwaukee gets first round of city approval
- With Sonag Construction shut down, feds move to block indicted owner from collecting leftover assets
- Four contractors selected to build border wall prototypes
- UW-Milwaukee’s Greenstreet shaping minds (and the city)
- Turning the Corner(s) (PHOTO SLIDESHOW)