A Milwaukee County task force on Tuesday signed off on a $66 million plan to overhaul the crumbling Mitchell Park Horticultural Conservatory, keeping its well-known domes intact and adding a host of new attractions.
As Milwaukee County officials try to work their way out of a serious financial entanglement, they're considering turning to the state for money they contend is needed to make long-needed repairs at public parks, build a new justice center and meet other costly obligations.
The Milwaukee County Board of Supervisors on Thursday prodded officials to begin negotiating a deal to establish bus service between Milwaukee and Racine counties, where Foxconn Technology Group's massive factory is expected to employ thousands.
With work on Foxconn's new factory underway in Racine County, Milwaukee officials are just beginning to discuss a question baked into the company's promise of bringing thousands of jobs: How will people get to the project site?
Milwaukee County officials are contending that a local public pool need not close just because of the rejection late last year of a proposal to double the local $30-a-year wheel tax.
The Milwaukee Area Labor Council is endorsing the workers' compensation lawyer Casey Shorts in his bid challenging Theo Lipscomb, the incumbent Milwaukee County Board Chairman, for his seat.
The Milwaukee County Board has approved a budget plan for 2018 that would keep the local wheel tax at $30 a year per vehicle, again putting the board at odds with County […]
An amendment to Milwaukee County’s 2018 proposed budget would eliminate a handful of road projects at the expense of scrapping a controversial $30 increase to the county’s wheel tax. County Board Chairman […]
Milwaukee County residents will not be asked to vote Nov. 4 on whether to spend tax money on a new arena for the Milwaukee Bucks.
A Universal Restoration Services employee has been arrested for his suspected role in a Milwaukee County employee’s alleged scheme to steal insurance money.
Milwaukee County’s attempt to improve compliance with its construction project residency requirement has raised concerns that too much tinkering could kill the policy.
Milwaukee County might hand Milwaukee-based CBRE Inc. $200,000 to start implementing space-use recommendations the firm made in February.
- Wisconsin unions, businesses rally support for Line 5 relocation project
- Biden uses executive power to create a New Deal-style American Climate Corps
- Wisconsin’s starting fixed fee for engineering services gets a bump
- BUILDING BLOCKS: Caroline Heights Apartments turns historic structures into living space
- Wauwatosa Common Council greenlights $400M Barrett Lo apartments at Mayfair Mall
- Kenosha Common Council unanimously passes contractor requirements for public bids
- Old church finds new purpose as St. John’s Lutheran Church converts to affordable housing
- Indoor farms are shutting down as their businesses struggle. So why are more being built?
- Low Mississippi River limits barge traffic
- TOP BIDDERS: The biggest recent winning bids around the state
- Wisconsin contractors urge Kenosha council to delay vote over bidding ordinance
- New reports see mixed bag for construction economy
- First prefabricated bridge in US installed in Eau Claire County
- Illinois developer worked with Wisconsin contractor to build 258-unit Wauwatosa apartment complex
- VJS Construction raises the roof for Bruce Guadalupe Community School expansion project
- Microgrid pilot project will store energy for village affected by outages
- Dane County sees uptick in highway work zone crashes, on track to exceed last year
- The Hop streetcar will debut newest service route in fall with limited service
- FPC Live slims venue proposal to 1 downtown building
- Children’s Hospital urgent care center in Milwaukee gets first round of city approval
- With Sonag Construction shut down, feds move to block indicted owner from collecting leftover assets
- Four contractors selected to build border wall prototypes
- UW-Milwaukee’s Greenstreet shaping minds (and the city)
- Turning the Corner(s) (PHOTO SLIDESHOW)