State regulators have approved plans for a $171 million natural gas plant near Wausau, despite opposition from ratepayers, environmentalists and renewable-energy advocates.
Wisconsin regulators deadlocked Thursday on a dispute between the city of Milwaukee and We Energies over whether energy customers should be able to buy renewable power from a party other than a large utility.
Regulators signed off Thursday on We Energies' $370 million plan to build a pair of liquified-natural-gas plants in Jefferson and Walworth counties over opposition from environmental groups and residents.
The Wisconsin Public Service Commission deadlocked Thursday on a request to rescind and reconsider the nearly $500 million Cardinal-Hickory Creek transmission line following a revelation last month that a former regulator had communicated secretly with proponents of the project.
Regulators approved plans on Thursday for the construction of a nearly $200 million, 150-megawatt solar farm in Sheboygan County, a project set for eventual purchase by Alliant Energy.
Wisconsin regulators signed off Thursday on a developer's plan to build a nearly $250 million solar farm on 1,400 acres in Grant County as part of Alliant Energy's plans to replace coal-fired energy with solar power.
Wisconsin regulators on Thursday approved Alliant Energy's plans to build more than $900 million of solar generation in six projects throughout the state, as part of the utility's plans to pivot toward renewable energy and away from coal.
Gov. Tony Evers has reappointed Chairperson Rebecca Cameron Valcq for an additional two-year term as chairperson and Commissioner Tyler Huebner to a full six-year term as commissioner to the Public Service Commission of Wisconsin.
Four solar farms recently approved by the Public Service Commission are expected to contribute up to 2% of Wisconsin’s electricity supply. Renewable-energy advocates and landowners alike say these are exactly the sorts of projects that are paving the way for continued growth.
State regulators on Thursday signed off on plans for a solar farm in Manitowoc County, approving the latest in a series of large-scale solar projects this year.
The solar industry has certainly changed since Tyler Huebner took over the reins at RENEW Wisconsin in 2013.
Wisconsin added nearly 1,800 new clean-energy jobs last year despite a slowing of growth in the industry nationwide, according to a new report.
- Milwaukee Mayor’s $1.9B budget proposal has infrastructure boost
- As employers face labor shortages, Biden administration rolls out playbook for training workers
- Wisconsin Senate committee votes against confirmation for four DNR policy board appointees
- October proclaimed Architecture Awareness Month in Wisconsin
- Pre-Bid Meetings – Week of October 2, 2023
- Corn mill owners plead to federal charges in fatal explosion, will pay $11.25 million
- BUILDING BLOCKS: Second phase of Lower Yahara River Trail construction
- Sky-high mortgage rates leave homes unaffordable for more buyers, sending new home sales tumbling
- Forecast: Economic challenges ahead as rates rise and labor shortages remain
- CBRE opens office on 18th floor of Milwaukee BMO Tower
- Former inmate able to rebuild life through work in construction trades
- Zignego to lead $60M I-894 improvement project
- First prefabricated bridge in US installed in Eau Claire County
- Illinois developer worked with Wisconsin contractor to build 258-unit Wauwatosa apartment complex
- VJS Construction raises the roof for Bruce Guadalupe Community School expansion project
- Microgrid pilot project will store energy for village affected by outages
- Dane County sees uptick in highway work zone crashes, on track to exceed last year
- The Hop streetcar will debut newest service route in fall with limited service
- FPC Live slims venue proposal to 1 downtown building
- Children’s Hospital urgent care center in Milwaukee gets first round of city approval
- With Sonag Construction shut down, feds move to block indicted owner from collecting leftover assets
- Four contractors selected to build border wall prototypes
- UW-Milwaukee’s Greenstreet shaping minds (and the city)
- Turning the Corner(s) (PHOTO SLIDESHOW)