If state lawmakers have their way, Amish families will not have to face fines and eviction for failing to build houses that follow requirements in the state’s uniform dwelling code.
Milwaukee officials have drafted an ordinance that would require special inspections of construction projects to prevent accidents like one that left a 15-year-old boy dead after a concrete panel fell off the O’Donnell Park parking garage.
A lot of communication goes into drafting state bills. But when half of the people involved don’t use phones, that communication becomes difficult.
The threat of eviction for Amish families has prompted a legislative proposal that would exempt them from certain requirements in the state’s uniform dwelling code.
The Wisconsin Uniform Dwelling Code Council this year will test the truth of the old tongue-in-cheek saying that no good deed goes unpunished.
Gov. Scott Walker on July 5 signed into law a bill that will save buyers of new homes a lot of money.
- Northwestern Mutual’s $500M overhaul a boon for Milwaukee residents
- BUILDING BLOCKS: University of Wisconsin – Oshkosh Clow Social Science Center renovation
- Madison takes center stage in the world of highway safety
- TOP BIDDERS: The biggest recent winning bids around the state
- Milwaukee Plan Commission approves shorter, denser New Land apartments
- Milwaukee County breaks ground on first health and human services center
- Where are the homes? Glaring need for housing construction underlined by Century 21 CEO
- Lawmakers block update for new commercial building standards
- Milwaukee mayor’s $1.9B budget proposal has infrastructure boost
- As employers face labor shortages, Biden administration rolls out playbook for training workers
- Wisconsin Senate committee votes against confirmation for four DNR policy board appointees
- October proclaimed Architecture Awareness Month in Wisconsin
- First prefabricated bridge in US installed in Eau Claire County
- Illinois developer worked with Wisconsin contractor to build 258-unit Wauwatosa apartment complex
- VJS Construction raises the roof for Bruce Guadalupe Community School expansion project
- Microgrid pilot project will store energy for village affected by outages
- Dane County sees uptick in highway work zone crashes, on track to exceed last year
- The Hop streetcar will debut newest service route in fall with limited service
- FPC Live slims venue proposal to 1 downtown building
- Children’s Hospital urgent care center in Milwaukee gets first round of city approval
- With Sonag Construction shut down, feds move to block indicted owner from collecting leftover assets
- Four contractors selected to build border wall prototypes
- UW-Milwaukee’s Greenstreet shaping minds (and the city)
- Turning the Corner(s) (PHOTO SLIDESHOW)