A bill seeking to have WisDOT compensate contractors for transportation project delays has support from both utilities and roadbuilders.
Crews removed contaminated sediment from the Milwaukee River left behind by a former manufactured gas plant.
The Racine County Sheriff's Office arrested Bob Daniel Slominski, 42, for allegedly striking a We Energies flagger near the town of Burlington on Tuesday.
Foxconn and We Energies announced a partnership to build around 2,000 solar panels in the company's Mount Pleasant campus.
A proposed rate increase by We Energies is facing pushback from community groups that say the Milwaukee utility is failing to meet its legal obligation to provide affordable power.
Wisconsin regulators have approved utilities' $433 million purchase of the state's first and largest utility-scale solar project using battery storage in Kenosha County.
Wisconsin regulators deadlocked Thursday on a dispute between the city of Milwaukee and We Energies over whether energy customers should be able to buy renewable power from a party other than a large utility.
State regulators have approved a pair of utilities’ proposal to purchase a $162 million wind farm in Grant County as part of a long-term plan to replace coal-fired power with renewable energy.
The parent company of We Energies announced plans on Tuesday to phase out coal from its energy-generation mix by 2035 by converting coal plants so they run on natural gas and spending more on renewable energy.
After years of regulatory uncertainty, a new proposal in Wisconsin would finally clarify that utility customers do not need to own solar equipment to have installed on their rooftops.
We Energies and Wisconsin Public Service are planning to develop in Dane County a nearly $650 million solar and battery-storage project that would be the state's largest when built.
Utilities We Energies and Wisconsin Public Service plan to develop a $446 million solar farm and battery-storage project in Rock and Walworth counties after announcing plans to advance another major renewable-energy project last month.
- Milwaukee Mayor’s $1.9B budget proposal has infrastructure boost
- As employers face labor shortages, Biden administration rolls out playbook for training workers
- Wisconsin Senate committee votes against confirmation for four DNR policy board appointees
- October proclaimed Architecture Awareness Month in Wisconsin
- Pre-Bid Meetings – Week of October 2, 2023
- Corn mill owners plead to federal charges in fatal explosion, will pay $11.25 million
- BUILDING BLOCKS: Second phase of Lower Yahara River Trail construction
- Sky-high mortgage rates leave homes unaffordable for more buyers, sending new home sales tumbling
- Forecast: Economic challenges ahead as rates rise and labor shortages remain
- CBRE opens office on 18th floor of Milwaukee BMO Tower
- Former inmate able to rebuild life through work in construction trades
- Zignego to lead $60M I-894 improvement project
- First prefabricated bridge in US installed in Eau Claire County
- Illinois developer worked with Wisconsin contractor to build 258-unit Wauwatosa apartment complex
- VJS Construction raises the roof for Bruce Guadalupe Community School expansion project
- Microgrid pilot project will store energy for village affected by outages
- Dane County sees uptick in highway work zone crashes, on track to exceed last year
- The Hop streetcar will debut newest service route in fall with limited service
- FPC Live slims venue proposal to 1 downtown building
- Children’s Hospital urgent care center in Milwaukee gets first round of city approval
- With Sonag Construction shut down, feds move to block indicted owner from collecting leftover assets
- Four contractors selected to build border wall prototypes
- UW-Milwaukee’s Greenstreet shaping minds (and the city)
- Turning the Corner(s) (PHOTO SLIDESHOW)