raSmith has announced the addition of Erica Pergande as a senior wetland ecologist/project manager.
The Lamparek Creek runs through the site where Microsoft plans to build its $1 billion data center.
Gov. Tony Evers has signed a bill that requires developers to purchase wetland mitigation credits within whatever watersheds they're working in.
The state Assembly is preparing to pass a bill that would require developers to purchase wetland mitigation credits within the watershed they're changing.
The state Senate is poised to approve a bill that would require builders to purchase wetland-mitigation credits within the watershed they're changing.
Kohler Co. and an environmental group are at odds over the Wisconsin-based manufacturing company's plan to build a golf course on the shore of Lake Michigan.
"Here's our thistle! This is a rare, very rare plant," retired wetland ecologist Pat Trochlell exclaimed as she stood at the edge of Lake Michigan on a clear, windy and unseasonably cool day in October.
A federal grant announced Tuesday will help Milwaukee restore one of the last remaining wetlands in the city, a long-neglected site in the industrial Harbor District.
The fight over a proposed $70 million sand-processing center in western Wisconsin was to go on Wednesday before a state Senate committee, which was scheduled to hear public comments on a bill the Assembly has amended to include environmental exemptions for the project.
A panel of Wisconsin Senate lawmakers plan on Wednesday to hear public testimony on a bill calling for changes to the state’s wetland-mitigation rules.
Wisconsin Republicans were scheduled to begin the end game Thursday for a bill that would allow developers to fill some state wetlands without permits, scheduling an Assembly floor vote.
The state Assembly is preparing to pass a Republican bill that would allow developers to fill state wetlands without a permit.
- Wisconsin unions, businesses rally support for Line 5 relocation project
- Biden uses executive power to create a New Deal-style American Climate Corps
- Wisconsin’s starting fixed fee for engineering services gets a bump
- BUILDING BLOCKS: Caroline Heights Apartments turns historic structures into living space
- Wauwatosa Common Council greenlights $400M Barrett Lo apartments at Mayfair Mall
- Kenosha Common Council unanimously passes contractor requirements for public bids
- Old church finds new purpose as St. John’s Lutheran Church converts to affordable housing
- Indoor farms are shutting down as their businesses struggle. So why are more being built?
- Low Mississippi River limits barge traffic
- TOP BIDDERS: The biggest recent winning bids around the state
- Wisconsin contractors urge Kenosha council to delay vote over bidding ordinance
- New reports see mixed bag for construction economy
- First prefabricated bridge in US installed in Eau Claire County
- Illinois developer worked with Wisconsin contractor to build 258-unit Wauwatosa apartment complex
- VJS Construction raises the roof for Bruce Guadalupe Community School expansion project
- Microgrid pilot project will store energy for village affected by outages
- Dane County sees uptick in highway work zone crashes, on track to exceed last year
- The Hop streetcar will debut newest service route in fall with limited service
- FPC Live slims venue proposal to 1 downtown building
- Children’s Hospital urgent care center in Milwaukee gets first round of city approval
- With Sonag Construction shut down, feds move to block indicted owner from collecting leftover assets
- Four contractors selected to build border wall prototypes
- UW-Milwaukee’s Greenstreet shaping minds (and the city)
- Turning the Corner(s) (PHOTO SLIDESHOW)