Investigators said a 53-year-old Oak Creek woman embezzled more than $600,000 from a landscaping company while she worked as a secretary there.
Several Wisconsin counties saw slight growth in new construction over the last year while a dozen saw less than 1% growth, according to a state revenue department report. Meanwhile, construction was among employment sectors which exceeded 2019 levels, according to a separate report.
Wisconsin conservatives last week posed a plan to eliminate Wisconsin’s income tax — which is the ninth highest in the country – and instead boost the state’s sales tax from 5% to 8%.
A state task force on worker misclassification recommended on Thursday that Wisconsin draw up rules to hold general contractors accountable for any wage theft that might occur on their jobsites.
A manure spill from a northeastern Wisconsin farm is thinning as it flows downstream toward the bay of Green Bay, state environmental officials said Thursday.
Approving the regional sales tax to pay for Miller Park took more than one vote by the state Senate and ended up costing one lawmaker his political career after he switched his vote in the middle of the night back in 1995.
A state bill that would give thousands of workers and businesses a tax break for participating in apprenticeships is moving ahead after getting a public hearing on Thursday.
With Nov. 6 less than two weeks away, many Wisconsinites have their attention firmly fixed on the general election.
A looming deadline to file an assessment report is pressuring the city of Milwaukee to approve two no-bid contracts.
By Marie Rohde Property taxes in the tiny central Wisconsin village of Warrens soared by 40 percent last year and things don’t look much better for this year. Warrens is […]
The value of state property dropped by more than $16 billion in the past year, according the Wisconsin Department of Revenue, but assessors warn that property owners should not expect a decrease in their upcoming tax bills.
By Paul Snyder State lawmakers, tired of dealing with every tax-incremental financing hiccup from every city, village and town in the state, just want to make it easier to create […]
- Milwaukee County breaks ground on first health and human services center
- Where are the homes? Glaring need for housing construction underlined by Century 21 CEO
- Lawmakers block update for new commercial building standards
- Milwaukee mayor’s $1.9B budget proposal has infrastructure boost
- As employers face labor shortages, Biden administration rolls out playbook for training workers
- Wisconsin Senate committee votes against confirmation for four DNR policy board appointees
- October proclaimed Architecture Awareness Month in Wisconsin
- Pre-Bid Meetings – Week of October 2, 2023
- Corn mill owners plead to federal charges in fatal explosion, will pay $11.25 million
- BUILDING BLOCKS: Second phase of Lower Yahara River Trail construction
- Sky-high mortgage rates leave homes unaffordable for more buyers, sending new home sales tumbling
- Forecast: Economic challenges ahead as rates rise and labor shortages remain
- First prefabricated bridge in US installed in Eau Claire County
- Illinois developer worked with Wisconsin contractor to build 258-unit Wauwatosa apartment complex
- VJS Construction raises the roof for Bruce Guadalupe Community School expansion project
- Microgrid pilot project will store energy for village affected by outages
- Dane County sees uptick in highway work zone crashes, on track to exceed last year
- The Hop streetcar will debut newest service route in fall with limited service
- FPC Live slims venue proposal to 1 downtown building
- Children’s Hospital urgent care center in Milwaukee gets first round of city approval
- With Sonag Construction shut down, feds move to block indicted owner from collecting leftover assets
- Four contractors selected to build border wall prototypes
- UW-Milwaukee’s Greenstreet shaping minds (and the city)
- Turning the Corner(s) (PHOTO SLIDESHOW)