The Senate prepared to wrap up Wisconsin's two-year legislative session Tuesday with votes on a bipartisan proposal to build a new juvenile prison and Republican-backed attempts, most likely headed for vetoes, to break up the Milwaukee school district and extend the state's voucher school program.
Teenagers would be allowed to work longer hours over the busy summer tourism months in Wisconsin under a bill the state Senate approved on Wednesday.
The Wisconsin state Senate passed a sweeping coronavirus relief package during a messy virtual session Wednesday and sent the bill on to Gov. Tony Evers to sign.
Another longtime Democratic Wisconsin state senator announced Tuesday he won't seek re-election this fall.
A bill that would make it a felony to trespass on the site of a pipeline project earned the state Senate's approval on Tuesday.
The Wisconsin Senate was moving on Tuesday to approve a bill that would provide apprentices with grants to help pay for gear needed on the job.
A $100 million tax-break bill designed to keep the paper-products giant Kimberly-Clark Corp. from closing an Appleton-area plant will get a public hearing in the Legislature, but its chances of being approved remains uncertain.
Tattooed in blue ink around Kriss Marion's right wrist is the Biblical phrase "Be quick to listen."
A panel of Wisconsin Senate lawmakers plan on Wednesday to hear public testimony on a bill calling for changes to the state’s wetland-mitigation rules.
The state Senate has passed a bill designed to help Wisconsin homeowners cover the cost of replacing lead pipes.
The Wisconsin Assembly approved a $3 billion tax break Thursday with bipartisan support for Taiwan-based Foxconn Technology Group to build a massive display panel factory in the state, a project President Donald Trump touted as a transformational win for the U.S. economy.
Wisconsin isn't getting its state budget done on time. That's largely because Gov. Scott Walker and the state Senate disagree with the Assembly on how to pay for transportation projects.
- Milwaukee Mayor’s $1.9B budget proposal has infrastructure boost
- As employers face labor shortages, Biden administration rolls out playbook for training workers
- Wisconsin Senate committee votes against confirmation for four DNR policy board appointees
- October proclaimed Architecture Awareness Month in Wisconsin
- Pre-Bid Meetings – Week of October 2, 2023
- Corn mill owners plead to federal charges in fatal explosion, will pay $11.25 million
- BUILDING BLOCKS: Second phase of Lower Yahara River Trail construction
- Sky-high mortgage rates leave homes unaffordable for more buyers, sending new home sales tumbling
- Forecast: Economic challenges ahead as rates rise and labor shortages remain
- CBRE opens office on 18th floor of Milwaukee BMO Tower
- Former inmate able to rebuild life through work in construction trades
- Zignego to lead $60M I-894 improvement project
- First prefabricated bridge in US installed in Eau Claire County
- Illinois developer worked with Wisconsin contractor to build 258-unit Wauwatosa apartment complex
- VJS Construction raises the roof for Bruce Guadalupe Community School expansion project
- Microgrid pilot project will store energy for village affected by outages
- Dane County sees uptick in highway work zone crashes, on track to exceed last year
- The Hop streetcar will debut newest service route in fall with limited service
- FPC Live slims venue proposal to 1 downtown building
- Children’s Hospital urgent care center in Milwaukee gets first round of city approval
- With Sonag Construction shut down, feds move to block indicted owner from collecting leftover assets
- Four contractors selected to build border wall prototypes
- UW-Milwaukee’s Greenstreet shaping minds (and the city)
- Turning the Corner(s) (PHOTO SLIDESHOW)