Democrats in the crowded primary race for U.S. Senate in Wisconsin are trying to distinguish themselves through traditional campaign tactics, like million-dollar television ad buys and policy papers, but also in more unusual ways like selling non-fungible tokens, playing rock songs and releasing folksy online videos.
Storms and flooding caused $2.9 million worth of damage in Wisconsin in the first half of the year and significant damage throughout the rest of the U.S.
Experts agree that the construction industry has bounced back from the Great Recession much faster in Minnesota than in Wisconsin, but not everyone has the same explanation for that difference.
Officials are considering an idea that would create a bike trail along the southern part of Michigan's Upper Peninsula as part of a broader trail plan.
The Senate Appropriations Committee has approved spending $1.8 billion for four new warships from shipbuilders in Wisconsin and Alabama.
By Matt Pommer New statistics offer a glimpse of why many think Wisconsin is among the nation’s most livable states. For openers Wisconsin is ranked the 12th healthiest state, based […]
By James Briggs The mayors of Wisconsin’s two most populous cities are off to a quiet, yet turbulent start with the state’s governor-elect. Three weeks before inauguration, Republican Gov.-elect Scott […]
To the editor: We write as two Republican leaders from a similar-sized state and suggest Wisconsin GOP leaders might want to take another look at intercity rail. Wisconsin was one […]
By James Briggs As Wisconsin‘s two major gubernatorial candidates take turns bashing outgoing Gov. Jim Doyle for his handling of the state’s transportation fund, Doyle is flashing the grin of […]
By Matt Pommer More than 50 Wisconsin employers have signed up for the federal Early Retirement Reinsurance Program to help continue health coverage for those retiring between ages 55 and […]
By Matt Pommer Social Security marks its 75th anniversary this week, but it almost didn’t happen, according to the Wisconsin citizen who played a key role in its development. Passage […]
- Corn mill owners plead to federal charges in fatal explosion, will pay $11.25 million
- BUILDING BLOCKS: Second phase of Lower Yahara River Trail construction
- Sky-high mortgage rates leave homes unaffordable for more buyers, sending new home sales tumbling
- Forecast: Economic challenges ahead as rates rise and labor shortages remain
- CBRE opens office on 18th floor of Milwaukee BMO Tower
- Former inmate able to rebuild life through work in construction trades
- Zignego to lead $60M I-894 improvement project
- Minnesota approves giant solar energy project near Minneapolis
- Veterinary center wants to build $13M clinic in Pewaukee
- TOP BIDDERS: The biggest recent winning bids around the state
- OSHA targets silica dust for engineered stone industry
- Biden administration announces $1.4B to improve rail safety and boost capacity in 35 states, including Wisconsin
- First prefabricated bridge in US installed in Eau Claire County
- Illinois developer worked with Wisconsin contractor to build 258-unit Wauwatosa apartment complex
- VJS Construction raises the roof for Bruce Guadalupe Community School expansion project
- Microgrid pilot project will store energy for village affected by outages
- Dane County sees uptick in highway work zone crashes, on track to exceed last year
- The Hop streetcar will debut newest service route in fall with limited service
- FPC Live slims venue proposal to 1 downtown building
- Children’s Hospital urgent care center in Milwaukee gets first round of city approval
- With Sonag Construction shut down, feds move to block indicted owner from collecting leftover assets
- Four contractors selected to build border wall prototypes
- UW-Milwaukee’s Greenstreet shaping minds (and the city)
- Turning the Corner(s) (PHOTO SLIDESHOW)