Recent Articles from Justin Kern, Special to The Daily Reporter
Frank Lloyd Wright’s unofficial “camp” in Fox Point has been restored for architectural enthusiasts and future generations of the Adelman family.
High-school sprinters were taking part in track-and-field sports on terrazzo and tile, and cheerleaders were shaking their pompons to the scent of cafeteria pasta.
It’s not that Jeff Klawes isn’t proud of the work he has helped do for the Madison Metropolitan Sewage District, where he works as a project engineer.
Sun Prairie scored two, professional-quality ice rinks in part because of a power play by hockey moms and dads.
As a college intern at a prominent Racine architecture firm, Tracy Stacy couldn’t believe the design work the professionals around her found themselves too busy to take on.
By the time Diane Mike was in her early 30s, she knew all about the beer-and-burgers side of construction.
Helena Johnson was in a doublewide operations trailer on a recent Saturday afternoon to cover a safety shift at a construction site at a state college. As was true in her first foray onto a site more than a decade ago, Johnson was there mainly for one reason: She asked.
After growing up in Athens and Madrid, Codi Gregg isn’t afraid to venture far afield.
- Milwaukee Mayor’s $1.9B budget proposal has infrastructure boost
- As employers face labor shortages, Biden administration rolls out playbook for training workers
- Wisconsin Senate committee votes against confirmation for four DNR policy board appointees
- October proclaimed Architecture Awareness Month in Wisconsin
- Pre-Bid Meetings – Week of October 2, 2023
- Corn mill owners plead to federal charges in fatal explosion, will pay $11.25 million
- BUILDING BLOCKS: Second phase of Lower Yahara River Trail construction
- Sky-high mortgage rates leave homes unaffordable for more buyers, sending new home sales tumbling
- Forecast: Economic challenges ahead as rates rise and labor shortages remain
- CBRE opens office on 18th floor of Milwaukee BMO Tower
- Former inmate able to rebuild life through work in construction trades
- Zignego to lead $60M I-894 improvement project
- First prefabricated bridge in US installed in Eau Claire County
- Illinois developer worked with Wisconsin contractor to build 258-unit Wauwatosa apartment complex
- VJS Construction raises the roof for Bruce Guadalupe Community School expansion project
- Microgrid pilot project will store energy for village affected by outages
- Dane County sees uptick in highway work zone crashes, on track to exceed last year
- The Hop streetcar will debut newest service route in fall with limited service
- FPC Live slims venue proposal to 1 downtown building
- Children’s Hospital urgent care center in Milwaukee gets first round of city approval
- With Sonag Construction shut down, feds move to block indicted owner from collecting leftover assets
- Four contractors selected to build border wall prototypes
- UW-Milwaukee’s Greenstreet shaping minds (and the city)
- Turning the Corner(s) (PHOTO SLIDESHOW)