Recent Articles from Adam Wise
The state's Joint Finance Committee on Wednesday rejected a motion to build a Milwaukee train shop, a move Democrats say clears the way for a lawsuit from a Spanish train manufacturer.
A bill that would eliminate the need for the state to conduct a cost comparison of highway project engineering work took an unexpected turn in the Senate Tuesday evening.
A bill that would make geothermal well drillers a state regulated industry passed through the Senate Tuesday.
The state realtors group is pushing late in the legislative session for a bill that would create standards for local governments seeking to block development project proposals.
Gov. Scott Walker signed a pair of highway construction contracts for nearly $16 million in central Wisconsin, according to the state Department of Transportation.
Wisconsin should brace itself for a lawsuit from Talgo Inc. if a state budget committee refuses to build a train maintenance building in Milwaukee, said state Rep. Robin Vos, co-chairman of the Legislature's Joint Finance Committee.
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation will seek $2.5 million for the final design of a Milwaukee train maintenance building rather than using an Illinois station for the service.
A Madison-based developer will receive a $400,000 brownfield state grant to remediate the site of a former fertilizer plant.
State labor officials say Wisconsin added 12,500 jobs in January, 4,200 of which were in construction.
- $700M Brewers stadium overhaul proposal comes with new contracting language
- Wisconsin unions, businesses rally support for Line 5 relocation project
- Biden uses executive power to create a New Deal-style American Climate Corps
- Wisconsin’s starting fixed fee for engineering services gets a bump
- BUILDING BLOCKS: Caroline Heights Apartments turns historic structures into living space
- Wauwatosa Common Council greenlights $400M Barrett Lo apartments at Mayfair Mall
- Kenosha Common Council unanimously passes contractor requirements for public bids
- Old church finds new purpose as St. John’s Lutheran Church converts to affordable housing
- Indoor farms are shutting down as their businesses struggle. So why are more being built?
- Low Mississippi River limits barge traffic
- TOP BIDDERS: The biggest recent winning bids around the state
- Wisconsin contractors urge Kenosha council to delay vote over bidding ordinance
- First prefabricated bridge in US installed in Eau Claire County
- Illinois developer worked with Wisconsin contractor to build 258-unit Wauwatosa apartment complex
- VJS Construction raises the roof for Bruce Guadalupe Community School expansion project
- Microgrid pilot project will store energy for village affected by outages
- Dane County sees uptick in highway work zone crashes, on track to exceed last year
- The Hop streetcar will debut newest service route in fall with limited service
- FPC Live slims venue proposal to 1 downtown building
- Children’s Hospital urgent care center in Milwaukee gets first round of city approval
- With Sonag Construction shut down, feds move to block indicted owner from collecting leftover assets
- Four contractors selected to build border wall prototypes
- UW-Milwaukee’s Greenstreet shaping minds (and the city)
- Turning the Corner(s) (PHOTO SLIDESHOW)