Quantcast
Home / Commercial Construction /

Commercial-Construction

BUILDING BLOCKS: Milwaukee Fortress

(Rendering courtesy of JP Cullen & Sons)

The Fortress dates to 1892 and was added onto up until 1912. It was initially used as a shoe factory by F. Mayer Boot and Shoe Company, which at one time produced as many as 9,000 shoes there a day. It later became a tannery. Its last year as a shoe factory was 1938. After that, it was used for a variety of purposes, including a daycare and Montessori school.

Read More »