As the Wisconsin Department of Transportation gets ready to repair structural structural elements serving the Hoan Bridge in Milwaukee, it's also considering rebuilding the Interstate 794 intersection nearby.
Big ideas are afloat for the Harbor District in southern Milwaukee, and the planners want to hear from the public before they put everything together in a water- and land-use proposal.
Crews with the Wisconsin Department of Transportation are preparing to complete the final season of painting the Hoan Bridge in Milwaukee.
Milwaukee officials and Gov. Scott Walker on Tuesday celebrated the substantial completion of one large project in the city’s downtown while breaking ground on another.
State transportation officials have announced apparent low bidders for a further round of repainting on downtown Milwaukee’s Hoan Bridge and the relocation of Interstate 794 ramps as part of the city’s Lakefront Gateway project.
Several gateways to the Hoan Bridge in downtown Milwaukee will soon open to travelers again.
With roughly 900,000 people expected to attend Summerfest this year, getting there could be a zoo ... specifically the Zoo Interchange.
State officials have enough building projects in their plans to keep them busy through Wisconsin’s next two budgets without having to add many, if any, new ones.
A top Republican lawmaker says his chief concern with the budget proposal released by Gov. Scott Walker on Tuesday is the more than $1 billion Walker wants the state to borrow for transportation projects.
Work around Milwaukee County will continue Friday as a pair of projects will cause lane closures.
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation is beginning the second stage of construction on the Interstate 794 Lake Freeway/Hoan Bridge project.
Taxes and fees for drivers in Wisconsin would go up by $751 million over the next two years, including everything from a higher tax on gasoline to a new annual fee on those who drive fuel-efficient hybrid and electric vehicles, under the state Department of Transportation Budget submitted Friday.
- Milwaukee Mayor’s $1.9B budget proposal has infrastructure boost
- As employers face labor shortages, Biden administration rolls out playbook for training workers
- Wisconsin Senate committee votes against confirmation for four DNR policy board appointees
- October proclaimed Architecture Awareness Month in Wisconsin
- Pre-Bid Meetings – Week of October 2, 2023
- Corn mill owners plead to federal charges in fatal explosion, will pay $11.25 million
- BUILDING BLOCKS: Second phase of Lower Yahara River Trail construction
- Sky-high mortgage rates leave homes unaffordable for more buyers, sending new home sales tumbling
- Forecast: Economic challenges ahead as rates rise and labor shortages remain
- CBRE opens office on 18th floor of Milwaukee BMO Tower
- Former inmate able to rebuild life through work in construction trades
- Zignego to lead $60M I-894 improvement project
- First prefabricated bridge in US installed in Eau Claire County
- Illinois developer worked with Wisconsin contractor to build 258-unit Wauwatosa apartment complex
- VJS Construction raises the roof for Bruce Guadalupe Community School expansion project
- Microgrid pilot project will store energy for village affected by outages
- Dane County sees uptick in highway work zone crashes, on track to exceed last year
- The Hop streetcar will debut newest service route in fall with limited service
- FPC Live slims venue proposal to 1 downtown building
- Children’s Hospital urgent care center in Milwaukee gets first round of city approval
- With Sonag Construction shut down, feds move to block indicted owner from collecting leftover assets
- Four contractors selected to build border wall prototypes
- UW-Milwaukee’s Greenstreet shaping minds (and the city)
- Turning the Corner(s) (PHOTO SLIDESHOW)