The city of Oak Creek is working to free up millions of dollars for road work and incentives to prod along development near the newly opened Ikea near Interstate 94.
The Wisconsin Supreme Court found on Wednesday that local governments are within their rights to encourage projects by providing developers with direct cash incentives, a decision that upholds a financing method used throughout the state.
The Wisconsin Department of Justice's solicitor general says a lawsuit challenging an economic development project could "imperil" the $10 billion Foxconn complex and other ventures in the state.
Gov. Scott Walker has signed into law the first bill to pass the Legislature this session, a measure designed to help Wisconsin's cheese industry.
The Wisconsin state Senate has passed a bill extending tax incentives to help a cheese distributor.
When it comes to encouraging redevelopment along a well-traveled roadway, the village of Menomonee Falls is hoping the second time will be the charm.
Several Milwaukee Common Council members, in opposing both spending city money on a proposed extension of the city's streetcar line and the reappointment of the Department of City Development commissioner, say they are not satisfied with what they see as a lack of development outside downtown.
In the world of government, there are many acronyms, and more and more we are hearing the acronym "TIF."
Milwaukee Alderman Robert Bauman's proposal to add a penny to Milwaukee County’s sales tax in order to finance a new Bucks arena came as a result of his argument that the city will be unusually limited in using a tax increment finance district to contribute to the project.
Nearly 60 companies from Milwaukee and other parts of Wisconsin have joined the construction team assembled to put up Northwestern Mutual’s new headquarters building, according to a company news release Wednesday.
Milwaukee-based Wangard Partners Inc. began installing pre-cast concrete wall panels on Monday at its West Allis industrial development site.
A developer whose company went belly up after he persuaded a small Wisconsin village to take on millions of dollars of tax increment finance debt for a resort has been sentenced to five years of supervision on a related charge of theft by contractor.
- Milwaukee County breaks ground on first health and human services center
- Where are the homes? Glaring need for housing construction underlined by Century 21 CEO
- Lawmakers block update for new commercial building standards
- Milwaukee mayor’s $1.9B budget proposal has infrastructure boost
- As employers face labor shortages, Biden administration rolls out playbook for training workers
- Wisconsin Senate committee votes against confirmation for four DNR policy board appointees
- October proclaimed Architecture Awareness Month in Wisconsin
- Pre-Bid Meetings – Week of October 2, 2023
- Corn mill owners plead to federal charges in fatal explosion, will pay $11.25 million
- BUILDING BLOCKS: Second phase of Lower Yahara River Trail construction
- Sky-high mortgage rates leave homes unaffordable for more buyers, sending new home sales tumbling
- Forecast: Economic challenges ahead as rates rise and labor shortages remain
- First prefabricated bridge in US installed in Eau Claire County
- Illinois developer worked with Wisconsin contractor to build 258-unit Wauwatosa apartment complex
- VJS Construction raises the roof for Bruce Guadalupe Community School expansion project
- Microgrid pilot project will store energy for village affected by outages
- Dane County sees uptick in highway work zone crashes, on track to exceed last year
- The Hop streetcar will debut newest service route in fall with limited service
- FPC Live slims venue proposal to 1 downtown building
- Children’s Hospital urgent care center in Milwaukee gets first round of city approval
- With Sonag Construction shut down, feds move to block indicted owner from collecting leftover assets
- Four contractors selected to build border wall prototypes
- UW-Milwaukee’s Greenstreet shaping minds (and the city)
- Turning the Corner(s) (PHOTO SLIDESHOW)