GOP lawmakers proposed several bills for "workforce housing," which included provisions for small government when making land-use decisions.
The Wisconsin Assembly sent Gov. Tony Evers a bill on Thursday that would allow teenagers to work longer hours during the busy summer tourism months.
MADISON, Wis. (AP) — Assembly Majority Leader Jim Steineke announced Tuesday that he won’t seek reelection this fall. Steineke said in a news release that he believes the time has […]
Wisconsin's Republican-controlled Legislature on Thursday repealed Democratic Gov. Tony Evers' mask mandate, brushing aside warnings from health experts against making Wisconsin one of only 10 states without a statewide order.
Lawmakers in the state Assembly passed legislation Tuesday that would set aside $10 million to encourage the construction of affordable housing in rural counties.
The Wisconsin Legislature's first veto override attempt in nearly a decade seemed destined to fail on Thursday, with no Democrats planning to jump ranks to provide Republicans with the votes they need to have their way.
A panel of Wisconsin Senate lawmakers plan on Wednesday to hear public testimony on a bill calling for changes to the state’s wetland-mitigation rules.
A bill that would increase the criminal penalties for claimants who fraudulently obtain unemployment benefits has cleared the Wisconsin Senate and is on its way to Gov. Scott Walker’s desk.
Legislation that that could decrease contractors’ legal costs and liability may have a chance of passing this session after all.
The Wisconsin Assembly has given its blessing to a bill that would increase the criminal penalties for unemployment claimants who fraudulently obtain jobless benefits.
The Assembly was expected on Thursday to approve a proposal that would allow payments for apprenticeship training to be deducted from income taxes.
The state Assembly is preparing to pass a Republican bill that would allow developers to fill state wetlands without a permit.
- Minnesota approves giant solar energy project near Minneapolis
- Veterinary center wants to build $13M clinic in Pewaukee
- TOP BIDDERS: The biggest recent winning bids around the state
- OSHA targets silica dust for engineered stone industry
- Biden administration announces $1.4B to improve rail safety and boost capacity in 35 states, including Wisconsin
- Dane County pledges $1.5M boost Madison homeless shelter
- Construction jobs rise in 45 states over last 12 months
- Matt Moroney steps up as CEO of Wangard Partners
- The trade labor shortage is nothing new, but its impacts are
- Wauwatosa gains $1M for affordable housing through Barrett Lo redevelopment deal
- $700M Brewers stadium overhaul proposal comes with new contracting language
- Wisconsin unions, businesses rally support for Line 5 relocation project
- First prefabricated bridge in US installed in Eau Claire County
- Illinois developer worked with Wisconsin contractor to build 258-unit Wauwatosa apartment complex
- VJS Construction raises the roof for Bruce Guadalupe Community School expansion project
- Microgrid pilot project will store energy for village affected by outages
- Dane County sees uptick in highway work zone crashes, on track to exceed last year
- The Hop streetcar will debut newest service route in fall with limited service
- FPC Live slims venue proposal to 1 downtown building
- Children’s Hospital urgent care center in Milwaukee gets first round of city approval
- With Sonag Construction shut down, feds move to block indicted owner from collecting leftover assets
- Four contractors selected to build border wall prototypes
- UW-Milwaukee’s Greenstreet shaping minds (and the city)
- Turning the Corner(s) (PHOTO SLIDESHOW)