National construction union representatives got to see the new tower firsthand.
Johnson said safety was the responsibility of every resident and said it was critical for people from marginalized communities.
Rodriguez and other elected officials will read the names of those who have died on the job.
The AFL-CIO called for funding and support of workplace safety enforcement as a report showed there were 105 Wisconsin worker deaths in 2021.
Dan Knodl won the seat for the state 8th Senate District and Sarah Geenen won the Wisconsin Court of Appeals District 1 seat.
Women in both field and office roles in the construction industry met at an event featuring AFL-CIO President Liz Shuler.
Workers, labor leaders and elected officials gathered on Thursday at Zeidler Union Square on Milwaukee’s near west side to observe Workers Memorial Day in honor of workers who have died or been injured on the job.
Gov. Tony Evers on Friday vetoed a bill opposed by labor unions that would have allowed teenagers to work longer hours during the busy summer tourism months.
Richard Trumka, the powerful president of the AFL-CIO labor union, has died at age 72, Democratic leaders said on Thursday.
Once upon a time, Wisconsin was a shining beacon for workers’ rights, leading our country with policies that protected workers’ safety, encouraged fair wages and promoted a relationship between employees […]
Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden and President Donald Trump spent Monday diminishing each other's credentials on the economy and understanding of the American worker as the presidential campaign entered its final, post-Labor Day stretch.
Gov. Tony Evers on Thursday declared a public-health emergency over the coronavirus, which helps free up resources to respond to its growing threat. Meanwhile, the Capitol closed to formal tours until further notice and the state high school athletics association moved to restrict attendance at winter tournaments.
- Milwaukee Mayor’s $1.9B budget proposal has infrastructure boost
- As employers face labor shortages, Biden administration rolls out playbook for training workers
- Wisconsin Senate committee votes against confirmation for four DNR policy board appointees
- October proclaimed Architecture Awareness Month in Wisconsin
- Pre-Bid Meetings – Week of October 2, 2023
- Corn mill owners plead to federal charges in fatal explosion, will pay $11.25 million
- BUILDING BLOCKS: Second phase of Lower Yahara River Trail construction
- Sky-high mortgage rates leave homes unaffordable for more buyers, sending new home sales tumbling
- Forecast: Economic challenges ahead as rates rise and labor shortages remain
- CBRE opens office on 18th floor of Milwaukee BMO Tower
- Former inmate able to rebuild life through work in construction trades
- Zignego to lead $60M I-894 improvement project
- First prefabricated bridge in US installed in Eau Claire County
- Illinois developer worked with Wisconsin contractor to build 258-unit Wauwatosa apartment complex
- VJS Construction raises the roof for Bruce Guadalupe Community School expansion project
- Microgrid pilot project will store energy for village affected by outages
- Dane County sees uptick in highway work zone crashes, on track to exceed last year
- The Hop streetcar will debut newest service route in fall with limited service
- FPC Live slims venue proposal to 1 downtown building
- Children’s Hospital urgent care center in Milwaukee gets first round of city approval
- With Sonag Construction shut down, feds move to block indicted owner from collecting leftover assets
- Four contractors selected to build border wall prototypes
- UW-Milwaukee’s Greenstreet shaping minds (and the city)
- Turning the Corner(s) (PHOTO SLIDESHOW)