Recession risks, labor shortages, office vacancies and interest rates were all hurdles ahead for contractors.
Kenosha officials championed the bill for its apprenticeship requirements, while some contractors said some rules were vague.
A sneak peek of lobbying efforts showed aggregate producers spent the most funds from January to June.
Scarce labor and federal interest rates helped produce a shaky economic outlook.
Nonresidential construction spending saw a downturn for the first time in 11 months.
White House Infrastructure Coordinator Mitch Landrieu visited Madison recently as part of a three-week national tour touting the impacts of the Infrastructure Investment Jobs Act, the largest federal investment in public transportation in U.S. history.
Construction confidence was the lowest it's been since August of 2022, the latest Construction Backlog Indicator showed.
ABC reported 28,000 more net jobs added to the construction industry in December in their latest analysis.
Backlog for construction projects reached 9.2 months in November for the first time since 2019, the Associated Builders and Contractors said.
ABC Chief Economist Anirban Basu will present an economic update and forecast for construction leaders online in December.
Construction backlogs rose to nine months last month, according to a member survey from a national trade association.
As President Joe Biden signed the so-called Inflation Reduction Act of 2022, taxpayers, construction industry small businesses and climate change activists are sounding alarms about controversial labor policies in the […]
- Corn mill owners plead to federal charges in fatal explosion, will pay $11.25 million
- BUILDING BLOCKS: Second phase of Lower Yahara River Trail construction
- Sky-high mortgage rates leave homes unaffordable for more buyers, sending new home sales tumbling
- Forecast: Economic challenges ahead as rates rise and labor shortages remain
- CBRE opens office on 18th floor of Milwaukee BMO Tower
- Former inmate able to rebuild life through work in construction trades
- Zignego to lead $60M I-894 improvement project
- Minnesota approves giant solar energy project near Minneapolis
- Veterinary center wants to build $13M clinic in Pewaukee
- TOP BIDDERS: The biggest recent winning bids around the state
- OSHA targets silica dust for engineered stone industry
- Biden administration announces $1.4B to improve rail safety and boost capacity in 35 states, including Wisconsin
- First prefabricated bridge in US installed in Eau Claire County
- Illinois developer worked with Wisconsin contractor to build 258-unit Wauwatosa apartment complex
- VJS Construction raises the roof for Bruce Guadalupe Community School expansion project
- Microgrid pilot project will store energy for village affected by outages
- Dane County sees uptick in highway work zone crashes, on track to exceed last year
- The Hop streetcar will debut newest service route in fall with limited service
- FPC Live slims venue proposal to 1 downtown building
- Children’s Hospital urgent care center in Milwaukee gets first round of city approval
- With Sonag Construction shut down, feds move to block indicted owner from collecting leftover assets
- Four contractors selected to build border wall prototypes
- UW-Milwaukee’s Greenstreet shaping minds (and the city)
- Turning the Corner(s) (PHOTO SLIDESHOW)