Milwaukee Mayor Cavalier Johnson’s $1.9 billion city budget proposal for 2024 includes millions of dollars for capital projects, including resurfacing cracked city streets and demolishing abandoned property. Johnson on Sept. […]
The Milwaukee County chief judge called the layout of family courts a "safety issue" and urged funding for renovations.
Gov. Evers signs biennial budget with some partial vetoes, funding for affordable housing and transportation
Governor's officicials said the state also made one of its largest investments in workforce housing, infrastructure, agriculture and tax relief for working families.
Gov. Tony Evers said Wednesday that he and Republicans who control the Legislature are working toward a bipartisan compromise on a bill that would increase funding for local governments, a measure that the Democrat promised to veto as originally introduced.
Wisconsin's budget forecast dipped slightly Monday, but the latest projection still calls for the state to collect about $6.9 billion more than anticipated by the end of June.
The Wisconsin State Building Commission approved funding for key projects for tourism, emergency response and education uses.
Republicans who control the Wisconsin Legislature and Democratic Gov. Tony Evers can't seem to agree on how much extra money they have to work with in the state budget.
After a gubernatorial election, the first job of the governor in the first year of the new term is unveiling the two-year state budget plan.
Wisconsin Republican legislative leaders downplayed the state's record budget surplus Wednesday, even as Democratic Gov. Tony Evers has pushed for tax cuts and funding for local governments.
Wisconsin's projected state budget surplus is now forecast to hit nearly $6.6 billion by July, up from earlier $5 billion estimates, according to a report released Monday from Gov. Tony Evers' administration.
Milwaukee will have a hard time introducing developers and building projects if city services continue to suffer from budget problems, officials said.
The proposed 2023 city of Madison budget offers mostly good news for city services, with few cuts and a range of new offerings. It is made possible by the city’s ongoing recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic, robust pace of development and use of federal aid.
- Milwaukee Mayor’s $1.9B budget proposal has infrastructure boost
- As employers face labor shortages, Biden administration rolls out playbook for training workers
- Wisconsin Senate committee votes against confirmation for four DNR policy board appointees
- October proclaimed Architecture Awareness Month in Wisconsin
- Pre-Bid Meetings – Week of October 2, 2023
- Corn mill owners plead to federal charges in fatal explosion, will pay $11.25 million
- BUILDING BLOCKS: Second phase of Lower Yahara River Trail construction
- Sky-high mortgage rates leave homes unaffordable for more buyers, sending new home sales tumbling
- Forecast: Economic challenges ahead as rates rise and labor shortages remain
- CBRE opens office on 18th floor of Milwaukee BMO Tower
- Former inmate able to rebuild life through work in construction trades
- Zignego to lead $60M I-894 improvement project
- First prefabricated bridge in US installed in Eau Claire County
- Illinois developer worked with Wisconsin contractor to build 258-unit Wauwatosa apartment complex
- VJS Construction raises the roof for Bruce Guadalupe Community School expansion project
- Microgrid pilot project will store energy for village affected by outages
- Dane County sees uptick in highway work zone crashes, on track to exceed last year
- The Hop streetcar will debut newest service route in fall with limited service
- FPC Live slims venue proposal to 1 downtown building
- Children’s Hospital urgent care center in Milwaukee gets first round of city approval
- With Sonag Construction shut down, feds move to block indicted owner from collecting leftover assets
- Four contractors selected to build border wall prototypes
- UW-Milwaukee’s Greenstreet shaping minds (and the city)
- Turning the Corner(s) (PHOTO SLIDESHOW)