Crews will install electrical upgrades for new gaming and restaurant spaces in the third floor of the casino.
The Menominee Indian Tribe said Wednesday that it's relaunching its effort, in partnership with Hard Rock International, to open a casino and entertainment complex in Kenosha.
Chicago is laying its cards on the table and officially seeking bids to build the first casino in the country's third-largest city. City leaders want a "world-class" resort that'll draw locals and tourists while boosting Chicago's finances, but several steps remain.
Tribal gaming payments to Wisconsin's general fund declined by nearly 82% last fiscal year as the pandemic forced tribes to close their casinos, hotels and restaurants, according to a report released Thursday.
Plans for the Ho-Chunk Nation’s $405 million casino in Beloit are heading to Gov. Tony Evers’ desk after federal officials signed off on the project.
Even with plans underway for a $405 million casino in Beloit., Chicago officials are preparing to roll the dice on a casino inside city limits following Illinois lawmakers' approval of such a project.
After years of work, the Ho-Chunk Nation is planning to go to Madison city officials with a proposal to expand their local casino.
With a recent federal approval, developers are moving closer to taking a chance on a new Ho-Chunk Nation casino and resort in Beloit. The U.S. Bureau of Indian Affairs recently […]
The Stockbridge-Munsee Band of Mohicans is trying to persuade a federal judge to preserve a casino-expansion lawsuit against the state.
A Native American tribe has asked that a large swath of land in eastern Minnesota be placed into a federal trust, saying the land will most likely be used for housing. But some nearby residents fear it could eventually become a casino.
The Ho-Chunk Nation is pushing back against a rival tribe's lawsuit seeking to halt the Ho-Chunk's plans to expand a northern Wisconsin casino, arguing in new filings that the lawsuit has little chance of success and a judge should reject it.
Whatever happened to Gov. Scott Walker's criteria for expanding tribal gaming in Wisconsin? And why isn't his administration considering those criteria in the fight between the Ho-Chunk Nation and the Stockbridge-Munsee Community over Ho-Chunk plans to expand its gambling operations?
- Milwaukee County breaks ground on first health and human services center
- Where are the homes? Glaring need for housing construction underlined by Century 21 CEO
- Lawmakers block update for new commercial building standards
- Milwaukee mayor’s $1.9B budget proposal has infrastructure boost
- As employers face labor shortages, Biden administration rolls out playbook for training workers
- Wisconsin Senate committee votes against confirmation for four DNR policy board appointees
- October proclaimed Architecture Awareness Month in Wisconsin
- Pre-Bid Meetings – Week of October 2, 2023
- Corn mill owners plead to federal charges in fatal explosion, will pay $11.25 million
- BUILDING BLOCKS: Second phase of Lower Yahara River Trail construction
- Sky-high mortgage rates leave homes unaffordable for more buyers, sending new home sales tumbling
- Forecast: Economic challenges ahead as rates rise and labor shortages remain
- First prefabricated bridge in US installed in Eau Claire County
- Illinois developer worked with Wisconsin contractor to build 258-unit Wauwatosa apartment complex
- VJS Construction raises the roof for Bruce Guadalupe Community School expansion project
- Microgrid pilot project will store energy for village affected by outages
- Dane County sees uptick in highway work zone crashes, on track to exceed last year
- The Hop streetcar will debut newest service route in fall with limited service
- FPC Live slims venue proposal to 1 downtown building
- Children’s Hospital urgent care center in Milwaukee gets first round of city approval
- With Sonag Construction shut down, feds move to block indicted owner from collecting leftover assets
- Four contractors selected to build border wall prototypes
- UW-Milwaukee’s Greenstreet shaping minds (and the city)
- Turning the Corner(s) (PHOTO SLIDESHOW)