Gov. Tony Evers requested the Legislature to allow DSPS keep its improved staffing levels.
Contractors cite cost increases with new state building code, but HVAC engineers say it will save money
State officials are poised to adopt 2021 International Building Code. Wisconsin uses the 2015 international code.
Department of Safety and Professional Services adds designers of engineering systems, architects to occupational licensing app
The state agency will move more than 60 occupations to its cloud-based online platform LicensE for people applying for licenses or renewing them.
Wisconsin Republicans questioned the efforts of Democratic Gov. Tony Evers' administration to fix lengthy delays in issuing professional licenses, even as an agency head said Thursday that wait times had improved.
Republican lawmakers were poised Tuesday to order an audit of a Wisconsin agency that has taken weeks to issue professional licenses, causing lengthy delays for thousands of workers across the state.
DSPS announced an online tool for project stakeholders to look up plan submissions and delays.
DSPS secretary announces contractors, engineers, renewables experts as members in sustainable buildings council
Construction professionals and renewables experts were among members appointed to the first Wisconsin Advisory Council on Building Sustainability meeting on Monday.
The head of the Wisconsin Department of Safety and Professional Services, an agency charged with reviewing commercial-building plans and issuing various trades licenses, is stepping down.
A state Assembly committee voted on Wednesday to advance a bill that would exempt certain construction projects from state plan-review requirements in hopes of preventing a backlog of reviews that surfaced in 2019 from returning.
The Wisconsin Department of Safety and Professional Services has formed a task force to examine the use of mass timber in commercial buildings.
A bill circulating in the state Legislature aims to keep a months-long backlog in commercial plan reviews from reemerging by reviving changes to the review process that lawmakers had proposed last year.
The Wisconsin Department of Safety and Professional Services released a report Wednesday touting progress it has made in addressing a backlog of plan reviews that left contractors waiting months for the agency to sign off on construction projects.
- Corn mill owners plead to federal charges in fatal explosion, will pay $11.25 million
- BUILDING BLOCKS: Second phase of Lower Yahara River Trail construction
- Sky-high mortgage rates leave homes unaffordable for more buyers, sending new home sales tumbling
- Forecast: Economic challenges ahead as rates rise and labor shortages remain
- CBRE opens office on 18th floor of Milwaukee BMO Tower
- Former inmate able to rebuild life through work in construction trades
- Zignego to lead $60M I-894 improvement project
- Minnesota approves giant solar energy project near Minneapolis
- Veterinary center wants to build $13M clinic in Pewaukee
- TOP BIDDERS: The biggest recent winning bids around the state
- OSHA targets silica dust for engineered stone industry
- Biden administration announces $1.4B to improve rail safety and boost capacity in 35 states, including Wisconsin
- First prefabricated bridge in US installed in Eau Claire County
- Illinois developer worked with Wisconsin contractor to build 258-unit Wauwatosa apartment complex
- VJS Construction raises the roof for Bruce Guadalupe Community School expansion project
- Microgrid pilot project will store energy for village affected by outages
- Dane County sees uptick in highway work zone crashes, on track to exceed last year
- The Hop streetcar will debut newest service route in fall with limited service
- FPC Live slims venue proposal to 1 downtown building
- Children’s Hospital urgent care center in Milwaukee gets first round of city approval
- With Sonag Construction shut down, feds move to block indicted owner from collecting leftover assets
- Four contractors selected to build border wall prototypes
- UW-Milwaukee’s Greenstreet shaping minds (and the city)
- Turning the Corner(s) (PHOTO SLIDESHOW)