Port Milwaukee and the agricultural company DeLong plan to build a $31.3 million export center on Jones Island using a federal grant to cover half of the project's cost.
High winds, towering waves and flooding have caused millions of dollars in damage to Port Milwaukee on Lake Michigan, the port director said Sunday.
The Port of Milwaukee's new $2.7 million crane is scheduled to make its first heavy lift on Monday afternoon.
Quorum Architects and Ayres Associates will design a new public plaza in Milwaukee's inner harbor, officials with the non-profit Harbor District Inc. announced Thursday.
The city of Milwaukee and Harbor District Inc. are soliciting proposals to complete a Water and Land Use Plan for Milwaukee’s Harbor District.
A six-mile project to extend the Lake Parkway from Edgerton Avenue to Highway 100 has been added to the Southeastern Wisconsin Regional Planning Commission’s Year 2035 Regional Transportation Plan.
With waves expected to reach as high as 33 feet Tuesday on Lake Michigan, the Port of Milwaukee is taking steps to protect its docks and boats.
Shipping has increased this year by 290 percent at the Port of Milwaukee based on the strength of commodities such as salt and coal, said Eric Reinelt, the port's director.
Citing aging buildings and crumbling roads, the Port of Milwaukee has given itself a "C" grade for quality and "maybe just a little bit below a 'C'" in meeting shipping industry needs, said Larry Sullivan, the port's chief engineer.
By Marie Rohde Property owners delighted with the city’s plan to spiff up the sprawling 600-acre Port of Milwaukee don’t want the redevelopment proposal used as an excuse to boost […]
By Sean Ryan The federal government is offering only a trickle as Milwaukee seeks a flood of money to overhaul a damaged central breakwater protecting downtown and the Lake Michigan […]
- Milwaukee Mayor’s $1.9B budget proposal has infrastructure boost
- As employers face labor shortages, Biden administration rolls out playbook for training workers
- Wisconsin Senate committee votes against confirmation for four DNR policy board appointees
- October proclaimed Architecture Awareness Month in Wisconsin
- Pre-Bid Meetings – Week of October 2, 2023
- Corn mill owners plead to federal charges in fatal explosion, will pay $11.25 million
- BUILDING BLOCKS: Second phase of Lower Yahara River Trail construction
- Sky-high mortgage rates leave homes unaffordable for more buyers, sending new home sales tumbling
- Forecast: Economic challenges ahead as rates rise and labor shortages remain
- CBRE opens office on 18th floor of Milwaukee BMO Tower
- Former inmate able to rebuild life through work in construction trades
- Zignego to lead $60M I-894 improvement project
- First prefabricated bridge in US installed in Eau Claire County
- Illinois developer worked with Wisconsin contractor to build 258-unit Wauwatosa apartment complex
- VJS Construction raises the roof for Bruce Guadalupe Community School expansion project
- Microgrid pilot project will store energy for village affected by outages
- Dane County sees uptick in highway work zone crashes, on track to exceed last year
- The Hop streetcar will debut newest service route in fall with limited service
- FPC Live slims venue proposal to 1 downtown building
- Children’s Hospital urgent care center in Milwaukee gets first round of city approval
- With Sonag Construction shut down, feds move to block indicted owner from collecting leftover assets
- Four contractors selected to build border wall prototypes
- UW-Milwaukee’s Greenstreet shaping minds (and the city)
- Turning the Corner(s) (PHOTO SLIDESHOW)