Foxconn is seeking bids for the first phase of work on the actual fabrication plant it is planning to build in Mount Pleasant.
Company officials on Tuesday put out Bid Release 4A for the project, which calls for materials testing, excavation and foundation work and elevator work. Companies that are interested in the jobs can find an invitation to bid at: bit.ly/2VMuRlv.
Contractors have until 10 a.m. May 3 to submit bids. A pre-bid meeting and matchmaking session is scheduled to start at 9: 30 a.m. April 24 in Auditorium Room 104 of the SC Johnson iMET Center, 2320 Renaissance Blvd, Sturtevant.
Previous bid solicitations issued for the project have called for site development, the construction of a multipurpose building and an electrical substation and work related to utilities and roadways. Foxconn had once pledged to spend as much as $10 billion on a factory that would employ 13,000 people in southeast Wisconsin in the manufacturer of screens for high-tech devices. Those plans have since been scaled back, although the company insists it is still building a factory, as well as a research-and-development hub.
Site preparation at Foxconn’s Mount Pleasant property began in April 2018. Work on the project is being overseen by the joint venture Gilbane | Exyte.
More Foxconn Wisconsin News
- Mortenson seeking subcontractors for new Foxconn project
- Foxconn plans another manufacturing building in Mount Pleasant
- UW-Madison: Foxconn slow to fulfill $100M pledge for engineering, innovation research
- Foxconn executive steps away from Wisconsin project
- Owners near Foxconn say they were misled. Now their homes are gone