Minnesota officials have approved plans for the expansion of a solar energy project that a utility says will be one of the largest in the country with the capability of powering more than 150,000 homes.
Alliant Energy will build two energy storage systems alongside solar fields in Wood and Grant counties.
The company recently completed three solar projects and has nine more construction projects ongoing.
Perhaps the most unlikely feature of high-stakes budget negotiations going on in Washington is a debate over permitting. That's essentially the regulatory process for deciding what gets built where. It could be power plants, transmission lines or other projects. For decades, industry and labor have chaffed at what they describe as overly strict rules that limit development. Now environmentalists a[...]
State and university officials visited two solar sites and other sustainability efforts on the University of Wisconsin-Parkside campus.
Dane County facilities are now 100% powered by renewable energy sources after the Yahara Solar Project completed.
A Stevens Point family can install third-party financed solar systems without being regulated as a public utility, the latest Public Service Commission ruling decided.
With major advances in the transition to creating safe, clean renewable energy generation, Alliant Energy has announced plans to add 175 megawatts of battery storage in Wisconsin.
Construction is poised to move forward on six solar projects totaling 414 megawatts after state regulators gave final approval to Alliant Energy’s second phase of solar development plans.
Biden throws US solar industry a lifeline with tariff relief, but can incentives bring manufacturing back?
The Biden administration announced it was putting a two-year freeze on the threat of new solar tariffs, throwing a lifeline to U.S. solar installers – and likely to the country's ability to meet its climate goals.
Kari Lydersen Energy News Network, WisconsinWatch.org A lack of clarity over third-party-owned solar in Wisconsin has stymied cities’ efforts to install solar arrays on municipal buildings, but one city says […]
State regulators on Thursday approved the construction of the $650 million Koshkonong solar farm in Dane County, a project that will result in the state's largest utility-scale solar array when it's finished.
- Milwaukee County breaks ground on first health and human services center
- Where are the homes? Glaring need for housing construction underlined by Century 21 CEO
- Lawmakers block update for new commercial building standards
- Milwaukee mayor’s $1.9B budget proposal has infrastructure boost
- As employers face labor shortages, Biden administration rolls out playbook for training workers
- Wisconsin Senate committee votes against confirmation for four DNR policy board appointees
- October proclaimed Architecture Awareness Month in Wisconsin
- Pre-Bid Meetings – Week of October 2, 2023
- Corn mill owners plead to federal charges in fatal explosion, will pay $11.25 million
- BUILDING BLOCKS: Second phase of Lower Yahara River Trail construction
- Sky-high mortgage rates leave homes unaffordable for more buyers, sending new home sales tumbling
- Forecast: Economic challenges ahead as rates rise and labor shortages remain
- First prefabricated bridge in US installed in Eau Claire County
- Illinois developer worked with Wisconsin contractor to build 258-unit Wauwatosa apartment complex
- VJS Construction raises the roof for Bruce Guadalupe Community School expansion project
- Microgrid pilot project will store energy for village affected by outages
- Dane County sees uptick in highway work zone crashes, on track to exceed last year
- The Hop streetcar will debut newest service route in fall with limited service
- FPC Live slims venue proposal to 1 downtown building
- Children’s Hospital urgent care center in Milwaukee gets first round of city approval
- With Sonag Construction shut down, feds move to block indicted owner from collecting leftover assets
- Four contractors selected to build border wall prototypes
- UW-Milwaukee’s Greenstreet shaping minds (and the city)
- Turning the Corner(s) (PHOTO SLIDESHOW)