Public transit systems straining to win back riders after being crushed by the COVID-19 pandemic are getting a $3.7 billion boost to stay afloat and invest in new fleets of electric buses.
Transportation officials are still trying to ascertain the likely effects of a recent Wisconsin Supreme Court ruling that could throw into question grants for new buses in Milwaukee County and a bike and pedestrian trail in Ozaukee County.
Wisconsin municipalities haven't got the money they need to expand their public-transportation services, according to a new report.
Milwaukee city officials weighed plans on Wednesday for a bus route that could bring Milwaukee residents to an expected abundance of job opportunities in Racine and Kenosha counties — but unanswered questions abound.
By James Briggs For the second time since Gov. Scott Walker was elected in November, Democratic lawmakers say he is gambling with federal transportation money. The first time was when […]
The state and some Wisconsin counties are stuck with the $35 million tab to upgrade a freight line between Madison and Watertown now that federal high-speed train money is gone.
Washington (AP) — President Barack Obama on Monday lobbied for Republican support from Capitol Hill for a burst of spending on transportation projects, calling his proposal a jobs creator for […]
By Sean Ryan The debate over creating a transit sales tax in southeastern Wisconsin will be shelved until next year, as could plans to apply for federal money for commuter […]
By Paul Snyder Parking problems are plaguing a proposed 17.5-acre redevelopment on Madison’s west side. Madison-based Erdman Holdings Inc. wants to redevelop its land at University Avenue and Whitney Way […]
By Sean Ryan Quick growth in northwest Wisconsin is overwhelming Interstate 94 with traffic congestion that threatens development and irks highway commissioners. The I-94 corridor between Eau Claire and the […]
By Sean Ryan A roomful of people who spoke in harmony about the need for more transportation money broke into discord while sharing ideas about how to get it. Southeast […]
Legislators representing Milwaukee, Racine and Kenosha counties on Tuesday unveiled the Regional Transit and Jobs Investment Act. The proposal, developed by a coalition of area legislators with Gov. Jim Doyle, […]
- Milwaukee Mayor’s $1.9B budget proposal has infrastructure boost
- As employers face labor shortages, Biden administration rolls out playbook for training workers
- Wisconsin Senate committee votes against confirmation for four DNR policy board appointees
- October proclaimed Architecture Awareness Month in Wisconsin
- Pre-Bid Meetings – Week of October 2, 2023
- Corn mill owners plead to federal charges in fatal explosion, will pay $11.25 million
- BUILDING BLOCKS: Second phase of Lower Yahara River Trail construction
- Sky-high mortgage rates leave homes unaffordable for more buyers, sending new home sales tumbling
- Forecast: Economic challenges ahead as rates rise and labor shortages remain
- CBRE opens office on 18th floor of Milwaukee BMO Tower
- Former inmate able to rebuild life through work in construction trades
- Zignego to lead $60M I-894 improvement project
- First prefabricated bridge in US installed in Eau Claire County
- Illinois developer worked with Wisconsin contractor to build 258-unit Wauwatosa apartment complex
- VJS Construction raises the roof for Bruce Guadalupe Community School expansion project
- Microgrid pilot project will store energy for village affected by outages
- Dane County sees uptick in highway work zone crashes, on track to exceed last year
- The Hop streetcar will debut newest service route in fall with limited service
- FPC Live slims venue proposal to 1 downtown building
- Children’s Hospital urgent care center in Milwaukee gets first round of city approval
- With Sonag Construction shut down, feds move to block indicted owner from collecting leftover assets
- Four contractors selected to build border wall prototypes
- UW-Milwaukee’s Greenstreet shaping minds (and the city)
- Turning the Corner(s) (PHOTO SLIDESHOW)