State and federal highway officials announced plans to widen the Interstate 94 East-West corridor to eight lanes.
A rendering depicting the “diverging diamond” interchange Wisconsin Department of Transportation officials are considering for the interchange of Interstate 94 and State Highway 175 near American Family Field. WisDOT had originally proposed building a much larger interchange there, one that would cost between $70 million and $90 million more. (Rendering courtesy of WisDOT)
Authorities in western Wisconsin are trying to sort out multiple crashes along Interstate 94.
A $1.28 billion plan to widen a stretch of Interstate 94 west of downtown Milwaukee to eight lanes would cost $74 million more than simply rebuilding the current six lanes, according to the Wisconsin Department of Transportation’s latest analysis of the project.
Several groups opposed to a $1.1 billion plan to add lanes to a stretch of Interstate 94 west of downtown Milwaukee released a report Tuesday urging the state to spend more on transit and rebuild the roadway instead of widening it.
Wisconsin's overhaul of Interstate 94 North-South between Milwaukee and the Illinois border has been recognized as an outstanding infrastructure project.
Three people were struck and killed along the interstate in Jefferson County after they got out of their vehicles following a crash, according to sheriff's officials.
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation has awarded Hoffman Construction a $21.1 million bridge replacement contract on Interstate 94 in St. Croix County.
In taking up Gov. Tony Evers' transportation budget on Tuesday, legislative Republicans approved long-standing plans to widen and rebuild of Interstate 94 East-West and Interstate 43 north of Milwaukee.
Wisconsin Department of Transportation Secretary-designee Craig Thompson said Friday that he and his colleagues are intent on maintaining the states’ existing infrastructure as it becomes clear how COVID-19 has already […]
A coalition of construction and business interests are pointing to a poll suggesting that Milwaukee-area residents favor plans to add lanes to a stretch of Interstate 94 west of downtown Milwaukee over less costly options.
Work on Interstate 39/90 and U.S. Highway 51 in Dane County will top the agenda Tuesday for a state commission charged with reviewing some of the biggest road projects in Wisconsin.
- Milwaukee Mayor’s $1.9B budget proposal has infrastructure boost
- As employers face labor shortages, Biden administration rolls out playbook for training workers
- Wisconsin Senate committee votes against confirmation for four DNR policy board appointees
- October proclaimed Architecture Awareness Month in Wisconsin
- Pre-Bid Meetings – Week of October 2, 2023
- Corn mill owners plead to federal charges in fatal explosion, will pay $11.25 million
- BUILDING BLOCKS: Second phase of Lower Yahara River Trail construction
- Sky-high mortgage rates leave homes unaffordable for more buyers, sending new home sales tumbling
- Forecast: Economic challenges ahead as rates rise and labor shortages remain
- CBRE opens office on 18th floor of Milwaukee BMO Tower
- Former inmate able to rebuild life through work in construction trades
- Zignego to lead $60M I-894 improvement project
- First prefabricated bridge in US installed in Eau Claire County
- Illinois developer worked with Wisconsin contractor to build 258-unit Wauwatosa apartment complex
- VJS Construction raises the roof for Bruce Guadalupe Community School expansion project
- Microgrid pilot project will store energy for village affected by outages
- Dane County sees uptick in highway work zone crashes, on track to exceed last year
- The Hop streetcar will debut newest service route in fall with limited service
- FPC Live slims venue proposal to 1 downtown building
- Children’s Hospital urgent care center in Milwaukee gets first round of city approval
- With Sonag Construction shut down, feds move to block indicted owner from collecting leftover assets
- Four contractors selected to build border wall prototypes
- UW-Milwaukee’s Greenstreet shaping minds (and the city)
- Turning the Corner(s) (PHOTO SLIDESHOW)