Both groups will develop developing comprehensive training programs and pre-apprenticeships for jobs needed to support the budding fusion industry.
Many critical manufacturing processes need constant sources of high temperature and a federal program pushed for companies to make fusion power more technically and commercially viable.
Wisconsin and three other states took a step closer on Wednesday to developing a clean hydrogen hub after Gov. Tony Evers signed an agreement, the governor’s office announced.
The massive worldwide pouring of concrete as developers densify cities could be transformed, eliminating heat-trapping pollution into the atmosphere, by switching to a new kind of cement created in Colorado — cement that is "grown" by harnessing tiny sea organisms.
Local officials announced the city of Madison and Dane County, along with the nonprofit group Slipstream, have won a nearly $1 million federal grant for work to windows and lighting in Madison's City-County Building.
To curtail climate change over the coming decades, all nations will need to move to energy resources that emit less carbon. This transformation, already underway, will require many new technologies.
MILWAUKEE (AP) — We Energies has settled a lawsuit with the federal government that will return $31 million to the Milwaukee utility’s customers. The settlement ends more than a decade […]
MENOMONEE FALLS, Wis. (AP) — A southeastern Wisconsin company is being honored for its energy efficiency. According to Kohl’s Department Stores, its Menomonee Falls store is its 500th location to […]
Stephen Singer AP Business Writer Hartford, CT — Power companies in New England have a nearly half-billion-dollar strategy to upgrade the region’s electric grid. The plan will make way for […]
By Felicia Fonseca AP Writer Flagstaff, Ariz. — American Indian tribes have huge potential to develop renewable energy resources on their lands but first must overcome a number of challenges, […]
By Brian Johnson Dolan Media Newswires Minneapolis — Project ReEnergize encountered no stimulus-related delays. In fact, the project went from concept to implementation in just a couple of months. The […]
Flambeau River Biofuels LLC, Park Falls, has drafted a letter of intent to engineer, procure and construct the largest second generation green diesel plant in the U.S. at an existing […]
- Milwaukee Mayor’s $1.9B budget proposal has infrastructure boost
- As employers face labor shortages, Biden administration rolls out playbook for training workers
- Wisconsin Senate committee votes against confirmation for four DNR policy board appointees
- October proclaimed Architecture Awareness Month in Wisconsin
- Pre-Bid Meetings – Week of October 2, 2023
- Corn mill owners plead to federal charges in fatal explosion, will pay $11.25 million
- BUILDING BLOCKS: Second phase of Lower Yahara River Trail construction
- Sky-high mortgage rates leave homes unaffordable for more buyers, sending new home sales tumbling
- Forecast: Economic challenges ahead as rates rise and labor shortages remain
- CBRE opens office on 18th floor of Milwaukee BMO Tower
- Former inmate able to rebuild life through work in construction trades
- Zignego to lead $60M I-894 improvement project
- First prefabricated bridge in US installed in Eau Claire County
- Illinois developer worked with Wisconsin contractor to build 258-unit Wauwatosa apartment complex
- VJS Construction raises the roof for Bruce Guadalupe Community School expansion project
- Microgrid pilot project will store energy for village affected by outages
- Dane County sees uptick in highway work zone crashes, on track to exceed last year
- The Hop streetcar will debut newest service route in fall with limited service
- FPC Live slims venue proposal to 1 downtown building
- Children’s Hospital urgent care center in Milwaukee gets first round of city approval
- With Sonag Construction shut down, feds move to block indicted owner from collecting leftover assets
- Four contractors selected to build border wall prototypes
- UW-Milwaukee’s Greenstreet shaping minds (and the city)
- Turning the Corner(s) (PHOTO SLIDESHOW)