The announcement was part of a $315 million EPA investment to clean up brownfields across the U.S.
Fond du Lac released its Water Utility Consumer Confidence report covering water quality during 2022.
The EPA tentatively denied a petition to classify PVC scrap as hazardous waste. The agency will make a final decision in April.
Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources announced the closure process of its Lower Fox River PCB cleanup project.
The Environmental Protection Agency on Friday designated "forever chemicals" that have been used in cookware, carpets and firefighting foams as hazardous substances, clearing the way for quicker cleanup of the group of toxic compounds known as PFAS.
The Milwaukee redevelopment committee voted unanimously on Thursday to clean up brownfield site in the city's north side alongside recommended guidelines to comply with requirements for federal funds.
The Supreme Court's climate change ruling on Thursday is likely to hinder President Joe Biden's plans to cut greenhouse gas emissions in half by the end of the decade and to make the U.S. a global leader again in the fight to slow global warming.
In a blow to the fight against climate change, the Supreme Court decided Thursday to limit how the nation’s main anti-air pollution law can be used to reduce carbon-dioxide emissions from power plants.
The Environmental Protection Agency is warning that two nonstick and stain-resistant compounds found in drinking water are more dangerous than previously thought and pose health risks even at levels so low they cannot currently be detected.
Following through on a campaign promise, the Biden administration on Thursday announced a wide-ranging enforcement strategy aimed at holding industrial polluters accountable for damage done to poor and minority neighborhoods.
The Environmental Protection Agency on Tuesday proposed a rule to finally ban asbestos, a carcinogen that is still used in some chlorine bleach, brake pads and other products and kills thousands of Americans every year.
The Environmental Protection Agency is proposing a plan that would restrict smokestack emissions from power plants and other industrial sources that burden downwind areas with smog-causing pollution they can't control.
- Milwaukee Mayor’s $1.9B budget proposal has infrastructure boost
- As employers face labor shortages, Biden administration rolls out playbook for training workers
- Wisconsin Senate committee votes against confirmation for four DNR policy board appointees
- October proclaimed Architecture Awareness Month in Wisconsin
- Pre-Bid Meetings – Week of October 2, 2023
- Corn mill owners plead to federal charges in fatal explosion, will pay $11.25 million
- BUILDING BLOCKS: Second phase of Lower Yahara River Trail construction
- Sky-high mortgage rates leave homes unaffordable for more buyers, sending new home sales tumbling
- Forecast: Economic challenges ahead as rates rise and labor shortages remain
- CBRE opens office on 18th floor of Milwaukee BMO Tower
- Former inmate able to rebuild life through work in construction trades
- Zignego to lead $60M I-894 improvement project
- First prefabricated bridge in US installed in Eau Claire County
- Illinois developer worked with Wisconsin contractor to build 258-unit Wauwatosa apartment complex
- VJS Construction raises the roof for Bruce Guadalupe Community School expansion project
- Microgrid pilot project will store energy for village affected by outages
- Dane County sees uptick in highway work zone crashes, on track to exceed last year
- The Hop streetcar will debut newest service route in fall with limited service
- FPC Live slims venue proposal to 1 downtown building
- Children’s Hospital urgent care center in Milwaukee gets first round of city approval
- With Sonag Construction shut down, feds move to block indicted owner from collecting leftover assets
- Four contractors selected to build border wall prototypes
- UW-Milwaukee’s Greenstreet shaping minds (and the city)
- Turning the Corner(s) (PHOTO SLIDESHOW)