Appleton officials recommended using federal dollars to support an affordable housing development in the city's downtown.
The Boldt Co. has completed its new headquarters in Appleton.
The "Metamorphosis" sculpture that disappeared from Houdini Plaza a decade ago has reappeared at a plaza along the Fox River at the south end of the Lawe Street bridge.
A Wisconsin appeals court has sided with an Appleton-area Lutheran Church that sought to prevent the Wisconsin Department of Transportation from taking land for a highway project.
Suicide attempts have increased at an alarming rate among high school students in the Fox Cities Region in recent years. Wanting to combat that trend, officials with Leadership Fox Cities – which is under the Fox Cities Chamber of Commerce – decided that students needed a place where they can go to seek shelter from the stresses of the day and try to achieve some equanimity.
Supporters of a $100 million incentive bill designed to keep open a Kimberly-Clark Corp. plant in northeastern Wisconsin argued Wednesday that taking no action would be devastating for the Appleton area and the entire state, though they remain short of the votes they need.
The project is the first so-called diverging-diamond interchange to be built in northeast Wisconsin.
In an age when brick-and-mortar shops are closing left and right and online shopping is becoming ever more popular, why would one man decide to tear down an old factory and put up his own 100,000-square-foot store?
The city of Appleton has approved a plan for the construction of a $30 million indoor sports complex in the Fox Valley.
Work on State Highway 441 near Appleton will wrap up a year ahead of schedule, Gov. Scott Walker’s office announced on Monday.
Appleton residents have most likely heard of Houdini Plaza. The Avenue of Angels. Cleo's Cocktail Lounge. The Industrial Flats.
The Daily Reporter's weekly digest of companies that have been cited for OSHA violations during work around the state.
- Minnesota approves giant solar energy project near Minneapolis
- Veterinary center wants to build $13M clinic in Pewaukee
- TOP BIDDERS: The biggest recent winning bids around the state
- OSHA targets silica dust for engineered stone industry
- Biden administration announces $1.4B to improve rail safety and boost capacity in 35 states, including Wisconsin
- Dane County pledges $1.5M boost Madison homeless shelter
- Construction jobs rise in 45 states over last 12 months
- Matt Moroney steps up as CEO of Wangard Partners
- The trade labor shortage is nothing new, but its impacts are
- Wauwatosa gains $1M for affordable housing through Barrett Lo redevelopment deal
- $700M Brewers stadium overhaul proposal comes with new contracting language
- Wisconsin unions, businesses rally support for Line 5 relocation project
- First prefabricated bridge in US installed in Eau Claire County
- Illinois developer worked with Wisconsin contractor to build 258-unit Wauwatosa apartment complex
- VJS Construction raises the roof for Bruce Guadalupe Community School expansion project
- Microgrid pilot project will store energy for village affected by outages
- Dane County sees uptick in highway work zone crashes, on track to exceed last year
- The Hop streetcar will debut newest service route in fall with limited service
- FPC Live slims venue proposal to 1 downtown building
- Children’s Hospital urgent care center in Milwaukee gets first round of city approval
- With Sonag Construction shut down, feds move to block indicted owner from collecting leftover assets
- Four contractors selected to build border wall prototypes
- UW-Milwaukee’s Greenstreet shaping minds (and the city)
- Turning the Corner(s) (PHOTO SLIDESHOW)