In preparation for the North Office project, Northwestern Mutual announced bidding packages in July and November.
Construction executives said the project will help grow the workforce in downtown Milwaukee.
The state's director for apprenticeship standards said the signatures were the start of new career pathways for high school and post high school students.
Brad Fierst has been promoted to managing director of CG Schmidt's Healthcare Division.
CG Schmidt has announced multiple promotions.
Representatives of CG Schmidt, Racine Unified School District, the carpenter’s unions and others gather on Jan. 21 at the Belle City Square project site in Racine to celebrate Jamarion Cooks, a senior at Horlick High School, who was signing a letter of intent to join CG Schmidt as a youth apprentice in carpentry.
Richard Schmidt Jr. will step down as president of the Milwaukee-based general contractor CG Schmidt but will retain his role as CEO and chairman, the company announced Wednesday.
Two CG Schmidt clients lost more than $1 million in total when a cyber criminal impersonating company employees intercepted invoices intended for the contractor in 2018.
The West Allis-West Milwaukee School District lost out on more than $800,000 last fall after someone pretending to work for the contractor CG Schmidt sent school officials an invoice for work on a new recreation center.
Fire crews deployed a bucket truck to rescue an injured worker who had slipped on the third floor of a Wauwautosa construction site on Monday afternoon.
Madison's Common Council president wants J.H. Findorff & Son Inc. to file a rebid for the Central Public Library reconstruction rather than a lawsuit over losing the original project award.
[caption id="attachment_74448" align="alignnone" width="635" caption="Carl Schuhmacher of CG Schmidt Inc., Milwaukee, throws a wooden pallet into a Dumpster on Wednesday to be recycled at the Monroe Clinic in Monroe. As of Aug. 1, the company had recycled 4,955 tons of concrete, wood, drywall, cardboard and asphalt on the clinic’s addition project. The goal was to recycle 75 percent of the mater[...]
- Milwaukee Mayor’s $1.9B budget proposal has infrastructure boost
- As employers face labor shortages, Biden administration rolls out playbook for training workers
- Wisconsin Senate committee votes against confirmation for four DNR policy board appointees
- October proclaimed Architecture Awareness Month in Wisconsin
- Pre-Bid Meetings – Week of October 2, 2023
- Corn mill owners plead to federal charges in fatal explosion, will pay $11.25 million
- BUILDING BLOCKS: Second phase of Lower Yahara River Trail construction
- Sky-high mortgage rates leave homes unaffordable for more buyers, sending new home sales tumbling
- Forecast: Economic challenges ahead as rates rise and labor shortages remain
- CBRE opens office on 18th floor of Milwaukee BMO Tower
- Former inmate able to rebuild life through work in construction trades
- Zignego to lead $60M I-894 improvement project
- First prefabricated bridge in US installed in Eau Claire County
- Illinois developer worked with Wisconsin contractor to build 258-unit Wauwatosa apartment complex
- VJS Construction raises the roof for Bruce Guadalupe Community School expansion project
- Microgrid pilot project will store energy for village affected by outages
- Dane County sees uptick in highway work zone crashes, on track to exceed last year
- The Hop streetcar will debut newest service route in fall with limited service
- FPC Live slims venue proposal to 1 downtown building
- Children’s Hospital urgent care center in Milwaukee gets first round of city approval
- With Sonag Construction shut down, feds move to block indicted owner from collecting leftover assets
- Four contractors selected to build border wall prototypes
- UW-Milwaukee’s Greenstreet shaping minds (and the city)
- Turning the Corner(s) (PHOTO SLIDESHOW)