Gov. Tony Evers and Gov. Tim Walz announced Thursday that their state's departments of transportation will seek federal money to rebuild a major bridge project between Wisconsin and Minnesota.
President Joe Biden and top administration officials fanned out across the country the day after his State of the Union address as Democrats try to build momentum ahead of November's midterm elections.
About a month ago, Taysha Martineau walked out of the protest camp she built in a small patch of woods near her home on the Fond du Lac Indian Reservation and knelt in the middle of the road.
Following the approval of several permits up until Nov. 30, construction is now underway on a new Line 3 crude oil pipeline that will eventually run across north Minnesota.
Minnesota regulators approved the final permit Monday for Enbridge Energy's Line 3 crude oil pipeline replacement across northern Minnesota, giving the company the green light to begin construction on the $2.6 billion project.
Keeping a 64-year-old oil pipeline in operation by running one section through a proposed Great Lakes tunnel would protect the economy and energy supplies, supporters said Monday, whereas opponents described the project as an unnecessary risk that would contribute to global warming.
Husky Energy has suspended rebuilding its oil refinery in Superior, Wisconsin, that was damaged by an explosion two years ago because of the coronavirus outbreak, the company announced Tuesday.
Minnesota's high court will review a lower court's ruling that ordered a new environmental review for a proposed $700 million natural-gas plant in Superior.
Workers at an oil refinery in Superior were told to leave because of concerns of a tower collapse.
Minnesota utility regulators on Monday approved a revised environmental review for Enbridge Energy's plan to replace its aging Line 3 crude oil pipeline across the state.
The Minnesota Court of Appeals on Monday ordered state regulators to reconsider whether an environmental review is necessary for a proposed natural gas-fired power plant that would be built by Minnesota and Wisconsin utilities.
Minnesota regulators will hold a forum in Duluth on Thursday for members of the public to comment on additions to the state's environmental review for Enbridge Energy's plan to replace its Line 3 crude oil pipeline throughout northern Minnesota.
- Milwaukee Mayor’s $1.9B budget proposal has infrastructure boost
- As employers face labor shortages, Biden administration rolls out playbook for training workers
- Wisconsin Senate committee votes against confirmation for four DNR policy board appointees
- October proclaimed Architecture Awareness Month in Wisconsin
- Pre-Bid Meetings – Week of October 2, 2023
- Corn mill owners plead to federal charges in fatal explosion, will pay $11.25 million
- BUILDING BLOCKS: Second phase of Lower Yahara River Trail construction
- Sky-high mortgage rates leave homes unaffordable for more buyers, sending new home sales tumbling
- Forecast: Economic challenges ahead as rates rise and labor shortages remain
- CBRE opens office on 18th floor of Milwaukee BMO Tower
- Former inmate able to rebuild life through work in construction trades
- Zignego to lead $60M I-894 improvement project
- First prefabricated bridge in US installed in Eau Claire County
- Illinois developer worked with Wisconsin contractor to build 258-unit Wauwatosa apartment complex
- VJS Construction raises the roof for Bruce Guadalupe Community School expansion project
- Microgrid pilot project will store energy for village affected by outages
- Dane County sees uptick in highway work zone crashes, on track to exceed last year
- The Hop streetcar will debut newest service route in fall with limited service
- FPC Live slims venue proposal to 1 downtown building
- Children’s Hospital urgent care center in Milwaukee gets first round of city approval
- With Sonag Construction shut down, feds move to block indicted owner from collecting leftover assets
- Four contractors selected to build border wall prototypes
- UW-Milwaukee’s Greenstreet shaping minds (and the city)
- Turning the Corner(s) (PHOTO SLIDESHOW)