Milwaukee County and the Milwaukee Art Museum have signed an agreement calling on the museum to buy several buildings that make up its lakefront campus, along with O-Donnell Park and the parking garage beneath it.
The Wisconsin Court of Appeals has upheld a $39 million jury verdict against the builder of a Milwaukee parking garage where a 15-year-old boy was killed in 2010 when a concrete slab fell.
Crews plan to begin demolition work Friday on a skywalk bridge that spans East Michigan Street and links the O’Donnell Park parking garage in downtown Milwaukee to the former Milwaukee County Transit Center.
Milwaukee County officials announced plans on Tuesday to sell O’Donnell Park and its parking structure to the Milwaukee Art Museum in a deal valued at $28.8 million.
The Milwaukee Art Museum is preparing to buy O'Donnell Park from Milwaukee County.
A proposed change to the state budget would restore the Milwaukee County Board of Supervisors’ control over sales of O’Donnell Park in downtown Milwaukee but not of nearby land set aside for the proposed Couture development.
Milwaukee County Executive Chris Abele could have the final say on the sale of O'Donnell Park.
Milwaukee County is having a hard time affording the upkeep at downtown Milwaukee’s O'Donnell Park, and the Milwaukee Art Museum is trying to come to the rescue.
As Milwaukee County supervisors wrangle over the fate of O'Donnell Park, the debate has raised a number of important legal questions.
The Milwaukee County Parks, Energy and Environment Committee has rejected a resolution offering a possible sale or lease of O’Donnell Park to the Milwaukee Art Museum.
A resolution offering a possible sale or lease of O'Donnell Park to the Milwaukee Art Museum was placed Tuesday on the Milwaukee County legislative calendar.
Milwaukee's Parks, Energy and Environment Committee has voted 4-3 to recommend that O'Donnell Park be readied for private redevelopment and a possible sale, though committee members claim they are merely seeking proposals from developers.
- Milwaukee Mayor’s $1.9B budget proposal has infrastructure boost
- As employers face labor shortages, Biden administration rolls out playbook for training workers
- Wisconsin Senate committee votes against confirmation for four DNR policy board appointees
- October proclaimed Architecture Awareness Month in Wisconsin
- Pre-Bid Meetings – Week of October 2, 2023
- Corn mill owners plead to federal charges in fatal explosion, will pay $11.25 million
- BUILDING BLOCKS: Second phase of Lower Yahara River Trail construction
- Sky-high mortgage rates leave homes unaffordable for more buyers, sending new home sales tumbling
- Forecast: Economic challenges ahead as rates rise and labor shortages remain
- CBRE opens office on 18th floor of Milwaukee BMO Tower
- Former inmate able to rebuild life through work in construction trades
- Zignego to lead $60M I-894 improvement project
- First prefabricated bridge in US installed in Eau Claire County
- Illinois developer worked with Wisconsin contractor to build 258-unit Wauwatosa apartment complex
- VJS Construction raises the roof for Bruce Guadalupe Community School expansion project
- Microgrid pilot project will store energy for village affected by outages
- Dane County sees uptick in highway work zone crashes, on track to exceed last year
- The Hop streetcar will debut newest service route in fall with limited service
- FPC Live slims venue proposal to 1 downtown building
- Children’s Hospital urgent care center in Milwaukee gets first round of city approval
- With Sonag Construction shut down, feds move to block indicted owner from collecting leftover assets
- Four contractors selected to build border wall prototypes
- UW-Milwaukee’s Greenstreet shaping minds (and the city)
- Turning the Corner(s) (PHOTO SLIDESHOW)