J.P. Cullen will serve as project construction manager. Construction began August 2023 and will continue until early 2025.
Milwaukee Mayor Cavalier Johnson’s $1.9 billion city budget proposal for 2024 includes millions of dollars for capital projects, including resurfacing cracked city streets and demolishing abandoned property. Johnson on Sept. […]
National construction union representatives got to see the new tower firsthand.
The festival celebrates organized labor and will feature speeches by elected officials.
The plan supports key projects such as redeveloping the Marcus Center parking garage, Interstate 794 removal and boosting downtown parks.
The Delong Co.’s new terminal will move ethanol byproducts by boat, truck and train.
The Milwaukee Common Council voted 12-3 to pass the new city sales tax.
Johnson attended the final day of WRTP|BIG STEP's summer academy, which gave students from 15 schools the chance to try a trade before committing to a career.
Johnson highlighted construction projects at the State of the City Address, but also added the city needed to address its fiscal cliff, crime and racial disparity.
Several cities in the United States are expected to be under water by 2050 as a result of climate change.
The projects sprouted during “tremendous growth and activity" and included new buildings, outdoor spaces, attractions and landscaping in Milwaukee.
Johnson said it was "unacceptable" for so many communities in the Great Lakes region to live with lead lines.
- Northwestern Mutual’s $500M overhaul a boon for Milwaukee residents
- BUILDING BLOCKS: University of Wisconsin – Oshkosh Clow Social Science Center renovation
- Madison takes center stage in the world of highway safety
- TOP BIDDERS: The biggest recent winning bids around the state
- Milwaukee Plan Commission approves shorter, denser New Land apartments
- Milwaukee County breaks ground on first health and human services center
- Where are the homes? Glaring need for housing construction underlined by Century 21 CEO
- Lawmakers block update for new commercial building standards
- Milwaukee mayor’s $1.9B budget proposal has infrastructure boost
- As employers face labor shortages, Biden administration rolls out playbook for training workers
- Wisconsin Senate committee votes against confirmation for four DNR policy board appointees
- October proclaimed Architecture Awareness Month in Wisconsin
- First prefabricated bridge in US installed in Eau Claire County
- Illinois developer worked with Wisconsin contractor to build 258-unit Wauwatosa apartment complex
- VJS Construction raises the roof for Bruce Guadalupe Community School expansion project
- Microgrid pilot project will store energy for village affected by outages
- Dane County sees uptick in highway work zone crashes, on track to exceed last year
- The Hop streetcar will debut newest service route in fall with limited service
- FPC Live slims venue proposal to 1 downtown building
- Children’s Hospital urgent care center in Milwaukee gets first round of city approval
- With Sonag Construction shut down, feds move to block indicted owner from collecting leftover assets
- Four contractors selected to build border wall prototypes
- UW-Milwaukee’s Greenstreet shaping minds (and the city)
- Turning the Corner(s) (PHOTO SLIDESHOW)