Construction is in Jessica Grensavitch’s DNA. Most of her family works in the industry, so pursuing a career in construction seemed like a natural fit.
The Daily Reporter honored 50 outstanding Women in Construction during the sixth annual event on Thursday in downtown Milwaukee.
Whenever there’s a need at work, Stacy Harris is the first person to raise her hand.
Keeping people safe. It’s one of things that Shannon Drezek enjoys most about her job as an elevator mechanic for Schumacher Elevator Co.
Lori Walter’s favorite saying is: “I’m trying to get everyone to play nice in a sandbox.”
With 40 years in the industry, Carol Grundahl is one of the pioneering women members of IBEW Local 159.
Simmi Urbanek joined Greenfire Management Services in 2021 after spending most of her nearly two-decade career working in marketing at an architecture firm.
A self-described “numbers girl,” Melanie Mussey has spent most of her career within the construction industry. She was instrumental in CCI’s acquisition of Lowell Custom Homes and continually supported their team through the changes and challenges of learning a new accounting process and software program while managing her existing workload.
Toni Keegan works on some of Wisconsin’s largest roadway reconstruction projects, including the Zoo Interchange, Interstate 94 North-South and the Foxconn local development roads in Racine and Kenosha counties.
Founded in 1946, Postorino Construction Finishes has grown to become one of the top painting and acoustical ceiling contractors in southeast Wisconsin.
When Caryn Rader was 9 years old, she took on her first construction project.
- Northwestern Mutual’s $500M overhaul a boon for Milwaukee residents
- BUILDING BLOCKS: University of Wisconsin – Oshkosh Clow Social Science Center renovation
- Madison takes center stage in the world of highway safety
- TOP BIDDERS: The biggest recent winning bids around the state
- Milwaukee Plan Commission approves shorter, denser New Land apartments
- Milwaukee County breaks ground on first health and human services center
- Where are the homes? Glaring need for housing construction underlined by Century 21 CEO
- Lawmakers block update for new commercial building standards
- Milwaukee mayor’s $1.9B budget proposal has infrastructure boost
- As employers face labor shortages, Biden administration rolls out playbook for training workers
- Wisconsin Senate committee votes against confirmation for four DNR policy board appointees
- October proclaimed Architecture Awareness Month in Wisconsin
- First prefabricated bridge in US installed in Eau Claire County
- Illinois developer worked with Wisconsin contractor to build 258-unit Wauwatosa apartment complex
- VJS Construction raises the roof for Bruce Guadalupe Community School expansion project
- Microgrid pilot project will store energy for village affected by outages
- Dane County sees uptick in highway work zone crashes, on track to exceed last year
- The Hop streetcar will debut newest service route in fall with limited service
- FPC Live slims venue proposal to 1 downtown building
- Children’s Hospital urgent care center in Milwaukee gets first round of city approval
- With Sonag Construction shut down, feds move to block indicted owner from collecting leftover assets
- Four contractors selected to build border wall prototypes
- UW-Milwaukee’s Greenstreet shaping minds (and the city)
- Turning the Corner(s) (PHOTO SLIDESHOW)