National construction union representatives got to see the new tower firsthand.
New line will connect to Milwaukee lakefront and run on Sundays to avoid heavy construction at the Couture site.
Kiewit Corporation, HNTB and raSmith are all taking part in the streetcar expansion project.
Milwaukee has rapidly transformed over the recent years. Mayor Cavalier Johnson said “getting to yes” with business was key.
Despite inflation, supply chain issues and a tightly squeezed labor pool, building continues along Milwaukee’s waterfront to alter the city’s landscape.
Drone photos are out as crews get ready to pour foundational concrete and construct the building core of the long-awaited Couture.
Construction crews poured 600 yards of concrete Tuesday morning at The Couture site in downtown Milwaukee to serve as a base for a public transit terminal.
Construction crews this week set up a crane needed for the Couture high-rise tower in downtown Milwaukee even as the project appears headed toward missing a deadline for the completion of a first-floor transit hub paid for with federal money.
Construction crews are making headway on downtown Milwaukee's Couture high-rise, which will be the largest residential tower in the state when it's completed.
Crews formally broke ground on Tuesday on the Couture high-rise project, a 44-story tower that will eventually overlook Lake Michigan in downtown Milwaukee after being in the works for nearly a decade.
The long-awaited Couture 44-story skyscraper will officially break ground on Tuesday as Barrett | Lo Visionary Development and general contractor Findorff begin to move equipment onto the construction site.
With a federal loan approved, construction is scheduled to begin this week on the Couture high-rise project in downtown Milwaukee after nearly a decade of planning and delays.
- Milwaukee Mayor’s $1.9B budget proposal has infrastructure boost
- As employers face labor shortages, Biden administration rolls out playbook for training workers
- Wisconsin Senate committee votes against confirmation for four DNR policy board appointees
- October proclaimed Architecture Awareness Month in Wisconsin
- Pre-Bid Meetings – Week of October 2, 2023
- Corn mill owners plead to federal charges in fatal explosion, will pay $11.25 million
- BUILDING BLOCKS: Second phase of Lower Yahara River Trail construction
- Sky-high mortgage rates leave homes unaffordable for more buyers, sending new home sales tumbling
- Forecast: Economic challenges ahead as rates rise and labor shortages remain
- CBRE opens office on 18th floor of Milwaukee BMO Tower
- Former inmate able to rebuild life through work in construction trades
- Zignego to lead $60M I-894 improvement project
- First prefabricated bridge in US installed in Eau Claire County
- Illinois developer worked with Wisconsin contractor to build 258-unit Wauwatosa apartment complex
- VJS Construction raises the roof for Bruce Guadalupe Community School expansion project
- Microgrid pilot project will store energy for village affected by outages
- Dane County sees uptick in highway work zone crashes, on track to exceed last year
- The Hop streetcar will debut newest service route in fall with limited service
- FPC Live slims venue proposal to 1 downtown building
- Children’s Hospital urgent care center in Milwaukee gets first round of city approval
- With Sonag Construction shut down, feds move to block indicted owner from collecting leftover assets
- Four contractors selected to build border wall prototypes
- UW-Milwaukee’s Greenstreet shaping minds (and the city)
- Turning the Corner(s) (PHOTO SLIDESHOW)