Members of the public will review WisDOT’s plans, which could possibly remove a mile of Milwaukee freeway.
Kiewit Corporation, HNTB and raSmith are all taking part in the streetcar expansion project.
The public plaza will use a $15.7 million tax increment district.
The developer petitioned the city to allow higher density housing construction to fit the trend of the Walker's Point neighborhood.
Business district officials said they were concerned about traffic from west and southern suburbs after potential freeway removal.
Professional Construction Management, Inc. will lead an interior build-out of the first floor before the grocery opens.
The Milwaukee Common Council voted 12-3 to pass the new city sales tax.
In preparation for the North Office project, Northwestern Mutual announced bidding packages in July and November.
The grant package includes more than $14 million for curb extensions, bumpouts and other bicyclist and pedestrian safety features for the Villard Avenue corridor in Milwaukee.
Milwaukee approved plans for a 28,000-square-foot taproom and adjacent dog park to add to the Riverwalk system.
Milwaukee officials approve Northwestern Mutual request to vacate Cass Street, part of $500 million project
Northwestern Mutual wants to take ownership over part of Cass Street and build a public terrace.
The study targets Brady Street between two intersections where all car accidents happened for four years.
- Milwaukee Mayor’s $1.9B budget proposal has infrastructure boost
- As employers face labor shortages, Biden administration rolls out playbook for training workers
- Wisconsin Senate committee votes against confirmation for four DNR policy board appointees
- October proclaimed Architecture Awareness Month in Wisconsin
- Pre-Bid Meetings – Week of October 2, 2023
- Corn mill owners plead to federal charges in fatal explosion, will pay $11.25 million
- BUILDING BLOCKS: Second phase of Lower Yahara River Trail construction
- Sky-high mortgage rates leave homes unaffordable for more buyers, sending new home sales tumbling
- Forecast: Economic challenges ahead as rates rise and labor shortages remain
- CBRE opens office on 18th floor of Milwaukee BMO Tower
- Former inmate able to rebuild life through work in construction trades
- Zignego to lead $60M I-894 improvement project
- First prefabricated bridge in US installed in Eau Claire County
- Illinois developer worked with Wisconsin contractor to build 258-unit Wauwatosa apartment complex
- VJS Construction raises the roof for Bruce Guadalupe Community School expansion project
- Microgrid pilot project will store energy for village affected by outages
- Dane County sees uptick in highway work zone crashes, on track to exceed last year
- The Hop streetcar will debut newest service route in fall with limited service
- FPC Live slims venue proposal to 1 downtown building
- Children’s Hospital urgent care center in Milwaukee gets first round of city approval
- With Sonag Construction shut down, feds move to block indicted owner from collecting leftover assets
- Four contractors selected to build border wall prototypes
- UW-Milwaukee’s Greenstreet shaping minds (and the city)
- Turning the Corner(s) (PHOTO SLIDESHOW)